Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

easyGroup Bullies all "easy" dot coms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe all of our UK members know this already, but I came across a couple of protest sites, lobbying against those "champions of the little guy, (er, unless we want to screw them out of their domains by claiming the adjective "easy" as our own forever)" EasyGroup! Yes, those lovable scoundrels who've brought us easyJet, easyEverything (internet cafes), easyRentaCar, easyCinema, easyMoney, etc., etc.

Seems like after losing a couple of cases at WIPO, they've turned to the tried and true "lets fire off a legal letter and bankrupt the bastards" line of attack!

Enjoy! (some hilarious gifs at easyHypocrite.com which you can download and have fun with ... yes, thats the founder of easyGroup on his quest for easyWorldDomination.com!

http://www.easyprotest2.com

http://www.easyhypocrite.com

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
Maybe all of our UK members know this already, but I came across a couple of protest sites, lobbying against those "champions of the little guy, (er, unless we want to screw them out of their domains by claiming the adjective "easy" as our own forever)" EasyGroup! Yes, those lovable scoundrels who've brought us easyJet, easyEverything (internet cafes), easyRentaCar, easyCinema, easyMoney, etc., etc.

Seems like after losing a couple of cases at WIPO, they've turned to the tried and true "lets fire off a legal letter and bankrupt the bastards" line of attack!

Enjoy! (some hilarious gifs at easyHypocrite.com which you can download and have fun with ... yes, thats the founder of easyGroup on his quest for easyWorldDomination.com!

http://www.easyprotest2.com

http://www.easyhypocrite.com

Too bad this is happening to small (companies) businesses like us.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheWatcher

Too bad this is happening to small (companies) businesses like us.

What's interesting is how quickly big companies abandon WIPO, when a few decisions don't go there way.

Much better to bully and threaten someone with bankruptcy via a long, drawn out court process, then have a WIPO decision go against you :laugh:

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

What's interesting is how quickly big companies abandon WIPO, when a few decisions don't go there way.

Much better to bully and threaten someone with bankruptcy via a long, drawn out court process, then have a WIPO decision go against you :laugh:

So have you been victimized by this process?

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheWatcher

So have you been victimized by this process?

No. Never had an issue. However, I always thought that most companies would resort to legal pressure vs. WIPO actions, especially if the defendant was domiciled within their jurisdiction.

Interesting case here, is that they seem to go after U.K. residents predominately (its a UK companie, so I guess they can exert maximum legal pressure for the dollar), and are doing so after the tide of WIPO started going against them. Not a good sign over all.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No. Never had an issue. However, I always thought that most companies would resort to legal pressure vs. WIPO actions, especially if the defendant was domiciled within their jurisdiction.

Interesting case here, is that they seem to go after U.K. residents predominately (its a UK companie, so I guess they can exert maximum legal pressure for the dollar), and are doing so after the tide of WIPO started going against them. Not a good sign over all.

It make sense, thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom