• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Ebay prices going up...final value fee's increasing! WTF? Are'nt they rich enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
8,934
Reaction score
245
..and I quote from an email I just got:

An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure. From time to time, we make pricing changes to correct unhealthy dynamics in the eBay marketplace, as was the case last July. Typically, however, we make changes on an annual basis at the beginning of the year.

Today, I'm here to tell you about fee adjustments for eBay.com and eBay Motors which go into effect on January 30, 2007.
Let me say that, while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.


Core Listing Fees: Auction-Style & Fixed Price*

Fee Type Item Price New Fee Current Fee
Insertion Fee Starting Price:
$1.00 - $9.99 NEW $0.40 $0.35 OLD
Final Value Fee Selling Price:
$25.01 - $1000.00 NEW 3.25% 3% OLD

*Does not impact Store Inventory Listings.




eBay Motors Vehicles Fees

The fees listed above will also apply to Parts & Accessories.
Fee Type New Fee Current Fee
Motorcycles & Powersports
Transaction Services Fee NEW $40 $30 OLD
Cars & Trucks, Other
Vehicles & Trailers
Transaction Services Fee NEW $50 $40 OLD
Motors Reserve Fee NEW 0.1% of reserve price
($5 minimum,
$10 maximum) $5 OLD



To learn more about each of these changes, I invite you to read our Frequently Asked Questions and our eBay Fees Help page. (To learn more about Canada fee adjustments, please check the Announcement Board for eBay.ca.)


Imagine how much this is going to add up to overall...hmm
Anyone care to do the math of an extra .25% on everything? & and extra 10$ to list every car or truck?
 
Again?!

Reminds me of a sad story. I was looking to invest and narrowed my choice between two companies. eBay was one and the other one (to be named later) had just been made available to the public. I flipped a coin and the result was to purchase eBay at $112 a share. eBay shortly thereafter announced a new pricing structure and the stock plummeted. They then had a reverse split and the stock was sold at less than half of what I paid for it.
The other stock which I could have bought at about $120 was Google and it is currently at about $460. Just my luck. I expect more of the same greedy moves from eBay and use their services hardly ever anymore.
 
I never have used ebay to sell or buy a domain.

was planning on trying it out, but now....... who knows
 
I never have used ebay to sell or buy a domain.

was planning on trying it out, but now....... who knows



try it... if you have quality domains ebay is a nice, mostly untapped resource for selling them, granted that they are priced reasonable or with no reserve.

its great for niche items, and domains are no exception...ill pay this fee increase with a smile, wont even notice these pennies in the grand scheme of things.
 
When I get these emails I always send them to [email protected] as kind of a protest
 
As an eBay store member, I like the fee increase.
It eliminates competition.
Unless you are already an established eBay member, it is now HARDER to enter the market. :smokin:
 
i tried to sell in ebay but i failed
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom