Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Effective Template to email potential buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Which are your effective email templates to contact potential buyers?

What are the dos and don'ts when contacting them by email?

cheers.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
R U talking about unsolicited emails, or follow-up to requests for pricing of one of your domain names?

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
unsolicited email to contact potential buyers

reed

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've done a lot and it really depends on who you are targeting. I've gotten a few responses that were interested in how much the asking price was but were interested in the inforamtion rather than purchasing the domain name. It is really hit or miss, any unsolicited email usually returns low response numbers.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have done a search using the domain name or words in google. I then go to at least the 5th to 10th page (or higher) of search results and find companies that have the product. I then email them and tell them what page of search results I found them on, and explain how having the keywords in the domain can often help them get to the top 3 pages where most people quit looking. The hardest part is getting it to the decision maker.

Not exactly a template, since you have to make it personal enough with targeted info about the domain and how it would help the end user.

About 90% of recievers don't respond, only one has told me to F*** off, and a few have made offers and purchased the domains. I've been careful to tell them I found them from their website and this is a one time mailing and not a list. I also have never sent the email to more than 5-6 receivers at a time to keep from being considered spam. Sometimes I do show the other emails in hopes one will buy just to keep it from a competitor.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's good to share experience and provide tips and hints to each other, but all that giddiness about making a sale weakens our image as a serious business...

sorry, but it does.

quack :uhoh:

Born Wild

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to domain reselling, however on only my second attempt at emailing a potentail buyer i had success in selling the following Domain..... FrenchPolish.com for £350

Here's a copy of the email sent....

Dear Sirs,

Please excuse the unusual approach.

I have the domain.... FrenchPolish.com for sale prised at a very reasonable £350

Having this domain would most certainly generate more traffic to your website, be a great feature
to any advertising campaigns, would help in your search engine positioning and would make a
decent vanity name.

Below I have compiled a short list of companies who have benefited in having a similar domain
to advertise their products.

www.WoodFiller.com.... takes you to Staples

www.WoodFillers.com.... takes you to Woodwise

www.WoodFillers.co.uk.... takes you to Brummer

If you are interested in purchasing the above domain, or if you require further information? please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

GOOD LUCK!
Born Wild

Budd

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi there.

From what I have seen in the past years with domain name sellers sending out "unsolicitated email" to "potential" buyers ( I use potential loosley ), most do not like it. For one they are not sure who you are, if they can trust you, if they are willing to spend the money on it, ect, and basically delete the email.
Unsolictated email clairfies most buyers to think its another spam, buy this, buy that email and delete it automatically. I would say, call up the targeted companies you are trying to sell the name to, or fax them. This way they know you are serious, and not just trying to see " what happens "

Thats my 2 sense :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom