• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Email forwarding and domain resale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegendaryJP

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
4,332
Reaction score
171
Curious I recently was asked by a seller to continue to forward them their email ( 2 addresses ) that use the domain name if I were to buy it. For example: The domain is ddddd.com so their address is Jimmy @ddddd.com

Does anyone see a potential down side at all or if I were to resale the domain down the road, the new owner could continue to do so no ? I just want to keep my promise.
 
Yes, that happens every now and then and it might affect the value when you resell down the road. I'd negotiate limiting the forwarding period to 6 to 12 months so they can change their email address with all services they use and inform all their contacts. If everything else fails, offer to pay a bit extra for them to change their address, but don't agree to an open-ended forwarding deal.
 
Thank you for your advice :)

Well I guess it isnt so bad. I mean the new owner just needs to add an email to the account that forwards to another, I means its even free. No skin off anyones back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom