• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDude

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
1,219
Reaction score
1
I Have Received the following email

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing your domain name,
*removed*.com.

Would you be interested in selling? I'm interested in
the domain name itself (not any site content).

If interested let me know. Also, if you can provide an
asking price or a ballpark figure that would be
appreciated but not neccesary.

Thank you,

*Their Name here*


Any idea what I should do? I have a slight suspicion its a new breed of an appraisal scam, If i were to go ahead as this is the first time i have received an email about it what should I include in the email, If its a legit offer then I wouldnt be sure on the price to sell it for, I could offer to sell for $xxx and they would be willing to pay $xxxx etc.

Any advice appreciated
 
It looks like a typical appraisal scam, however there's no harm in sending the highest you think you can get for it. If they ask for an appraisal don't reply. If it isn't a scam they can negotiate your price down lower if they want to.
 
they always expect a higher asking price than what they will end up paying....dont make the mistake of asking too low...just figure out what you will sell it for realistically, then triple that number and email them that offer, sometimes they take it...worst that happens is they offer less...most likely appraisal scam..but who knows..good luck dude

Chris :ok:
 
Replied.

If they ask for appraisal I just mark email as spam, Then post the whois in Warnings and Alerts.
 
I received around 10 email exactly like this in the last 48 hours, so didn't bother to reply to any of them. Please let us know if these are legit inquires.
Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom