• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale EMPLOIS.ca may set record!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainatrix

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
120
Reaction score
4
With 1.5 hrs to go, EMPLOIS.CA (the equivalent of jobs.ca), is already at $17,650. Will this break through the mark set a few weeks ago by BANKS.CA at $41,000?

We have a client that has set aside $20K for emplois.ca but I don't think it will be enough this time around.

I recently spoke with someone about a private sale for "money.ca". Apparently it was sold, or partnered for $50,000. Then, I read yesterday that "money.co.uk" may have sold for over $2 million. Makes "money.ca" seem like a pretty good investment.

Any guesses where "emplois.ca" will end up? I say "$42K":eek:

Jen
 
Last edited:
I don't think it will beat banks.ca, but it's pretty high quality for a french word. Usually the price drives up at the end, so if it's already at about 18k, it could easily get into the 20k or 30k range. With a good site, selling ads direct, etc., it's a business, not just a domain. So yeah, maybe it could beat banks.ca. I'd personally rather have emplois than banks.
 
Its was still an operational website this year, if you google it and look at cached you will see. I think that fact will really increase the value.

Copyright © 2008 EMPLOIS.CA Tous droit réservés

emplois.ca is a leader in the online recruitment market with a job seekers base of 300 000 resumes and over 2800 registered employers. The new site is focused on providing a simple and intuitive solution to jobseekers and employers.

I think a webmaster will be fired over this
 
Last edited:
$3200 with almost 4 days left :P
 
emplois.ca is a leader in the online recruitment market with a job seekers base of 300 000 resumes and over 2800 registered employers. The new site is focused on providing a simple and intuitive solution to jobseekers and employers.

crazy...
 
could be a headache for the new owner, if the old owner gets agressive. would be a good test of the Cira system, though.

the new owner could let them use emplois.qc.ca as a compromise.

record broken, now over 55k
 
I guess my $42K prediction was a bit low-ball!

I think this is a new record for open .CA sales

emplois.ca CLOSES @ $56,200
 
Maybe this one will make the mainstream press... very nice auction! Now, will anyone here admit to being the winner?
 
I am a bit confused by this, I thought that once a name like 'emplois.gc.ca' was used, the .ca could not be used...

Or is that only for provincial sub domain like .on.ca?
 
Domain: emplois.gc.ca is not available
01113 2nd level must be a province or territory code (on,qc,nl,pe,nt,nu,bc,ab,nb,ns,yk,sk,mb).
 
$56200?! wow!
 
It wasn't me ... just so we can narrow it down LOL

:yo:
 
Not me either.. so please take out of the equation.. I am being very honest here... trust me pl!!!!!
 
it means gc.ca is not a valid 2nd level domain.

on.ca
nu.ca
bc.ca
etc. are valid second level domain extensions.

emplois.gc.ca is really hosted on gc.ca, it's just a subdomain.

maybe someone else can explain it better than me.

if you look up bc.ca or on.ca, you'll see they are restricted, because they can be a second level extension for any .ca that anyone buys.

look up gc.ca, it's an actual domain owned by the government.

if you reg example.ca, you can also get example.bc.ca or example.on.ca, any of the province or territory extensions above.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom