• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

eNom Auth Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRBHosting

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
I can't seem to find the transfer Auth codes in my eNom control panel...a little help? :blush:

Jason

Never mind...I guess I can't transfer it out after a push.

Guess I'll have to chalk up an extra $12 to renew the sucker :(

Jason
 
just in case

DOMAINS > my domains > foobar.com > General Settings > Email Auth Code to Registrant
 
Yeah, it appears that I can not transfer the name. Nor can I renew it, as I don't particularly feel like transferring $100 back to PayPal so I can pay eNom's minimum fee. There must be another way.

Jason
 
Transfers to other registrars are not restricted, you should be able to get the EPP code (as long as the domain hasn't expired) and initiate a transfer to another registrar.
 
The EPP code is in the General Settings group. Click on "Email Auth Code to Registrant" to receive the EPP code.
 
I know, it shows up for my other names. Seems that this one is transfer prohibited, for some reason :(

Jason
 
If you have already submitted the domain for transfer OUT, Enom then closes down the ability to make any other changes during the five day processing period. You can't change your mind and push it to someone unless you cancel the transfer.

I hate the fact that registrars are using the "mail the Auth code" system instead of just showing the authcode. It makes for bulk transferring a major undertaking. You ask, "just submit a customer support request", and I reply "we're talking Enom here..."

So to transfer out a hundred domains, you need to request 100 emails for their auth codes. Hope you remembered to keep the same admin email listed for all 100 domains, or you'll be hopping all over the place trying to find them. This is an issue I will have as topic in our Domain Roundtable "Registrar Features Shootout" in August. Any feature that causes domainers more work and effort to manage their domains is a "naughty feature" and should be spanked off the registrar.

That session will be one fun time to to spend grilling the registrar spokespeople on why they do something, why they don't do something, what features we should be excited about and what they have planned to make it easier for us domainers in the future?

;-)
 
Well, the problem was that I could not initiate the transfer. With a little help from Moniker, I was able to manually start a transfer and eNom thus far has confirmed that the transfer will go through as planned. Thanks for your comments.

Jason
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom