Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom eNom .co.uk domains ??????

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have sold a .co.uk domain to an English company and they have informed me that eNom have refused to change the tag over.

I have already transferred ownership of the domain.

It is so simple to change the tag; all eNom have to do is send a simple little eMail to Nominet.

I cannot send the email as I dont have eNoms encryption key.

This is going to result in mega hastle for my client as they will have to download a PDF and fax authorisation.

So please if anyone from eNom could contact me about changing the tag I really would be grateful.

Thanks for reading,

NickStagg

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you have to contact Nominet to do this, they will charge you £35 and you need to confirm it all by fax.....its down to Nominet NOT enom, yeah I know it sucks to be a brit sometimes this caught me out once as well.

There really is no alternative with .co.uk domains atm, god bless nominet

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NickStagg said:
As far as I know you have to contact Nominet to do this, they will charge you £35 and you need to confirm it all by fax.....its down to Nominet NOT enom, yeah I know it sucks to be a brit sometimes this caught me out once as well.

There really is no alternative with .co.uk domains atm, god bless nominet

Thanks for that Nick that's the way it's looking.

From reading Nominet's web site, it is possible for the existing tag holder to easily get the tag changed.

All they do is send a simple three line email to a certain email address and the tag is changed. However they must also include their encryption security and possibly this is where the problem lies.

Let's hope eNom realise this and offer to help.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom can definitely change the tag.

I suggest you write an email to Nominet with the tag change request and copy enom into it. In the email, tell Enom they have an obligation to do this (if they read Nominet's tag holder terms and conditions):

From http://www.nic.uk/TagHolders/TagHolderAgreement/ :
1.8.If the Registrant wishes to use an alternative Tag Holder, and requests the Tag Holder to change the Tag associated with a domain name, the Tag Holder must not delay such a change

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators