Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Epik buys DNForum.com

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Siful Moni

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I've been active on here. Just heard of the sale today and thought I would check the site out again.

Are there many active sales going on here, on a daily basis?
I've seen a user posted bunch of 4L names and SOLD a few here past weeks

ASHOK MOHANTY

Reaction score
NamePros rules and spam filters are useless !

Today I posted "Epik Acquired Dn Forum" I feel the word "DN Forum" filtered as SPAM ad troubles them. he support team without using their brain (not going through manually on the issue) the acted like a bot and restricted my account 15-30%. If this is the case I will say they are very poor.

I don't want to entertain this kind of monopoly and useless spam fillers forum (namepros). Please spread this instance on web and help others

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen a user posted bunch of 4L names and SOLD a few here past weeks
I believe you're referring to the thread that I got a steal of a deal with JVHV.com. :)
Today I posted "Epik Acquired Dn Forum" I feel the word "DN Forum" filtered as SPAM ad troubles them. he support team without using their brain (not going through manually on the issue) the acted like a bot and restricted my account 15-30%. If this is the case I will say they are very poor.
While you're entitled to have your opinion and freely express it on DNForum, I don't want this thread to turn into a "this forum is better than that forum" thread. We're better than that and each forum has its place.

I'd like to just leave it at Epik acquired DNForum, and if you look at the company's track record, you can come to the conclusion that this forum will be more successful than it ever has under any other ownership. With that mentioned, each of the past owners helped build DNF to the stage that it is today and we would not be here without Dan conceptualizing this in 2001 and to all the owners in between.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NamePros rules and spam filters are useless !

I don't want to entertain this kind of monopoly and useless spam fillers forum (namepros). Please spread this instance on web and help others

That is exactly what I talked to Rob about and he said that will not happen here anymore. A free exchange of links back and forth to other forums is a breath of fresh air. On DN.ca we do not block any links to other sites yet we are blocked on namepros as well.

So as much as @amplify says this should not become about this forum vs that forum, it is about which forum will allow the free exchange of information and quite honestly censorship drives people away. I understand rules and civil behavior but this is big news and you cannot even mention it on the other site for fear of getting a WARNING.

So way to go DNForum, I think this is great news and Epik/Rob is a proponent of free speech so I feel the new ownership is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On DN.ca we do not block any links to other sites yet we are blocked on namepros as well.
I got an error when I visited the thread with the Epik discourse. Is anyone welcome to join or is this solely for the Northerners?

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I got an error when I visited the thread with the Epik discourse. Is anyone welcome to join or is this solely for the Northerners?

You should not be getting an error, it should simply ask you to log in or make an account.

If you do get an error please post a screen shot.

Yes all are welcome, I see you joined already so welcome to dn.ca

Since Epik has introduced all.ca as a Canadian .ca registrar I have a feeling our two boards will happily be sharing links moving forward. At DN.ca we are already discussing all.ca and looking forward to it's official launch.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I intended on just lurking, but ended up leaving some critical criticism, which I hope finds you well so that the success of your forum isn't derailed.
Since Epik has introduced all.ca as a Canadian .ca registrar I have a feeling our two boards will happily be sharing links moving forward. At DN.ca we are already discussing all.ca and looking forward to it's official launch.
I see no problem here. Both are very fitting to one another.

I wish you luck and hope to see your members around (both forums)!

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excited to see what we can do here. As some folks know, @amplify is an enthusiastic program manager. Behind him there is a small army of gifted engineers who know how to sling code and scale software.

A few thoughts about what I hope we can accomplish here:

- Create an environment where people learn from each other and co-create abundance. As some folks know here, I am on a campaign to root out scarcity mindset. When knowledge flows everyone wins.

- Create community where people know each other online and offline -- this is something the industry needs more and which Clubhouse has somewhat inspired.

- Provide great tools with an abundance of free data that help with finding deals and opportunities. We'll keep the forum wide open so folks can link or upload anything that is useful in the spirit of responsible self-governance.

- Improve industry interoperability especially as it relates to pushing domains between users, shared ownership, and payments. Epik will announce some related strategic moves that will make this more clear soon.

- Encourage commercial engagement from all suppliers. Domaining is a business. If companies want to come pitch their promos here, have at it. Just keep it classy.

- Integrate best of breed technology for smartly alerting users to personally relevant content according to learned and observed preferences.

- Explore shared ownership of the entire community. With the help of outside counsel, we are actively investigating a legally compliant way to turn DNForum into a member owned community based on crypto token. Stay tuned.

Last but not least, know that the team here is actively listening to your feedback. As the oldest forum of the industry, we hope to play some small role in bringing about a new golden age for the naming industry.

Last edited:

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A few thoughts about what I hope we can accomplish here:
I do love very much your message and the values you're putting forward here.
I will try to help to these goals with what I can do, just to support such a great vision.

robmonster

Epik.com CEO
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do love very much your message and the values you're putting forward here.
I will try to help to these goals with what I can do, just to support such a great vision.

And may God bless you for that!

May we be worthy stewards of this industry treasure for the greater benefit of many.

As with DomainGraduate.com, an established online domaining course, which we acquired and then made free, our commitment is to making the pie bigger and to make this industry accessible to all who engage honorably.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This has been cooking for a while. DNF is where it all started for many of us. Good luck to the new management and try to keep the white noise down, we need the forum to be domain-specific and not a magnet of politics/extremism.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators