• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

EPP Codes, any tool to get these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck with hundreds of domains at hundreds of registrars and can't get epp codes. it's a big headache.

Even if they could send them to the registrant email that would help me out with uselss registrars.

oh well...

-=DCG=-
 
Maybe that's a value-added service that the dropcatching services (assuming those were SnapNames/Pool.com names) can implement, letting you set the EPP codes using their interface, instead of going to each strange registrar partner they are using.
 
I always transfer them out to my main registrar as soon as the 60 days from registration pass. The added pain is always GoDaddy's 60 day policy when even the email changes.
 
There is the ICANN-imposed rule that states a domain cannot move to another registrar prior to 60 days from registration; GoDaddy implements a transfer lock for 60 days every time the WHOIS info changes. That's why if I buy a domain with GD I ask for a transfer out instead of a domain push to my account.
 
I understand about GD but I don't think other registrars use the 60-day rules. i.e. Moniker, Enom, Fabulous, etc...
 
That's exactly what I am saying John. Unless a domain is a fresh registration - because then, you can't move it out for 60 days, regardless of registrar.
 
I bought a couple names from Fabulous and moved them to Moniker a couple of weeks ago????

Is there any tool to mass get EPP codes without going to each registrar individually?

-=DCG=-

It depends on the registrars, some you can request to send you the list of the names and epp codes so you can do bulk transfer.
 
I am stuck with hundreds of domains at hundreds of registrars and can't get epp codes. it's a big headache.

Even if they could send them to the registrant email that would help me out with uselss registrars.

oh well...

-=DCG=-

There is no tool.

Same situation here. I have spent many hundreds of hrs of time and wasted lots of money by needing to pay for high price renewals at lots of bad registrars over past 2 yrs trying real hard to consolidate all my names.

I work on every day and still have about 200 names I have been unable to move mostly due to auth codes some make it impossible to get. One place 1&1internet even cancels your domain before you can get the auth codes!

One of them IDP365 (aka safenames.net) even went so far as to in effect extort money from me by calling me from the UK and only agreeing to unlock and transfer away providing I first agree to pay the money by early renewing my names for multiple yrs at their very high rate, which I was forced to do and lost a few hundred $.

This situation really sucks about the domain business. It's one of the reasons I rarely buy names anymore (in addirion to my portfolio now being at its max size in numbers, expense and still be manageable in size) because I don't want to deal with later having the hassle trying to transfer it. Writing to the registry I have found to be futile.
 
I bought a couple names from Fabulous and moved them to Moniker a couple of weeks ago????

Yes, but were they registered more than 60 days prior to the transfer?
 
OK I think I get it now -
60-day rules apply to all Registrars
Additional 60-days from GD if you make any changes.

I misunderstood - I thought you said the 60-day rule applied to other registrars as well if you make any changes.
 
Good Lord, no :D We'd be doomed.
 
I am stuck with hundreds of domains at hundreds of registrars and can't get epp codes. it's a big headache.

Even if they could send them to the registrant email that would help me out with uselss registrars.

oh well...

-=DCG=-


This is one reason why you need to choose your registrar carefully. Either my registrar's compliance officer gets the codes sent to me or I contact the registry and complain.

If all else fails I start calling ICANN board members but I have not needed to do that for a long time.
 
Have you tried to email support for each registrar and request EPP codes for all domains you have registered there be emailed to you?
 
I recently navigated this problem. A client of mine wanted to consolidate his roughly 2000 domains in one registrar.

I'm not sure if there is a minimum requirement, but if you like, PM me & I'll shoot you my account rep's info and you can see if they'll take care of you as well.
 
the EPP code is the biggest pain i have to deal with regarding domains. i too have spent countless hours chasing down these codes. wish there was a better, smarter way. every registrar has their own methods of granting these codes. i have lost many domains in the confusion and time requirements surrounding the EPP code.

i can imagine the smiles on the registrars faces when they got their hands on this sneaky extra way to block transfers, extort, and complicate issues.

sheesh.
 
If the registrar provides an API like Enom it should be easy to make a script to get all auth codes at least for the domains that are at that particular registrar.
 
EPP codes sre generated by the registrar themselves, so ther is no single EPP code that is universal.
The answer is no, except when using an API.
But registrars that do have API's that can be accessed are also in general easy to get EPP codes from, so the answer is no in this case.

about the 60 day rule, acro is correct.
The only exception to this rule is if:
you renew a name (upon renewal, you have to wait 60 days to transfer out again), you can wave the 1 year (lose the fee), and transfer it out before the 60 days. You essentially lose 1 year's worth of reg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom