• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Escrow.com UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I am in the process of buying a .co.uk name, and want to use Escrow.com. However, the other party says it will be outside of UK law, and instead he would like a personal meeting with the signing of contracts detailing the transfer.

Is he right? Or can I reassure him that Escrow.com will be fine for a .co.uk name?

Thanks!
 
Use Escrow, it does not matter where he lives if the contract says "under English law" that where you fight the legal battels if anything goes wrong.
 
Hmm, the other party says using a US based escrow service means problems can't be pursued in a UK small claims court.
 
Then use sedo escrow man. sedo is supported in uk.
or use afternic escrow, moniker escrow. many many!
 
write to sedo dont make the offer through the sedo panel otherwise you pay 10% commission instead than 3%
 
Sedo will be governed by German law, won't it? That or Massachusetts.
 
Correct Steen, I forwarded the seller info on Sedo and he rejected it. He is now suggesting to put the name on eBay and me pay his Buy It Now.

What do people think of this method? Would it be best to wire, cheque or Paypal the money if I use eBay to cover the legality of the purchase?
 
The buyer sound either stupid or a "con". I would now def. say Escrow or get lost.
 
I contacted the buyer direct so I would be surprised if it's a scam. Could you tell me why using ebay is a bad idea?
 
Strange buyer indeed. Sounds like someone overly cautious.
 
No one controls ebay. where as you have people working for you if sell/buy via escrow/sedo
 
I know this acronym, but thanks... I guess I will either have to find a UK based escrow or meet the guy. The domain is pretty nice and pretty cheap ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom