Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld espn.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, this is dropping today, at Sibername the top bid is $3000... seems risky to me, wonder what the story is on this one...

:greenconfused:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Searches done in November 2006
Count Search Term
360 espn.ca

I can't imagine anyone getting this without a TM issue though...

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe an enduser bid?

Traffic.ca went to an enduser for 15K at Sibername.

YoBeachBum

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i never heard of sibername.com is this a new dropping place I always use pool.com

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never heard of sibername.com is this a new dropping place I always use pool.com

Sibername is pretty good for .ca's that drop, they don't seem to get the "big" ones though (I could be wrong)

I would bet this one goes to pool...

Maybe an enduser bid?

Traffic.ca went to an enduser for 15K at Sibername.

Not 100% sure what you mean, Traffic would not have a TM issue, at least I could not imagine it would...

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not 100% sure what you mean, Traffic would not have a TM issue, at least I could not imagine it would...

Endusers are participating in the drops thats all I was implying. Traffic.ca is one example.

There are a few Canadian trademarks for "espn", I wouldn't be surprised if the espn high bid is by one of those trademark holders.

I think Sibername will get this one.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pool got many of the good ones this week.

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i saw that one too, i didnt touch it.

Sibername will go the extra mile for a 3k bid on any name. they use 3 registrar lisences last time i checked.. pool has no less than 10-20 lisences. Many registrars are using shell biz to reg tbr lately to stay competitive. Almost every name thats worth something is owned by a collecter or seller or developer now, the time is coming when tbr will be blah. I didnt bid on one today. Cira doesnt seem to keep to the rules, or enforce the rules and keeps the system in such a way to allow the collectors to win the good names. Registrars arent allowed to warehouse domains, yet they do, having shell companies just to beat out the tbr rush each wednesday may not be a rule, but it doesnt help anyone get a domain unless they know what they're doing. A strange system cira has.

VentiMocha

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you guys seeing nice traffic on names that drop with .ca?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you guys seeing nice traffic on names that drop with .ca?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. There is a lot of competition to get the few PR/expired/traffic domains. The odd one sneaks through though and I got one last week. Everything was snatched this week - too many people paying attention I guess.

Registrars arent allowed to warehouse domains, yet they do, having shell companies just to beat out the tbr rush each wednesday may not be a rule, but it doesnt help anyone get a domain unless they know what they're doing. A strange system cira has.

Indeed. And for the past month EVERY single domain that could be worth money is snatched.

Another recent trend - every single lll.ca now seems to be back-ordered. Odd when there are so many available to reg and the ones dropping are usually poor quality with no back-links etc.

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a .ca drop today I liked ... first time I've ever tried to grab a drop.

trophyfishing.ca

I live in the NWT and our biggest lodge was just named the number one fishing destination in north america. I think trophyfishing.ca fits the extension nicely.

thoughts?

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sibername will go the extra mile for a 3k bid on any name.

It's an advantage in their system. The upfront bids identify high profile names. Pool and the others don't have that info out front and unless they process the names manually for desireability they won't put the same resources into focusing on a particular name.

So if you reaaallllyyy want a name....... $$$$$$$$ will do it. :yes:

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it :approve:

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
'trophyfishing' is a great domain for a fishing lodge - memorable and great for advertising in publications

thanks, I think so too. have already started developing a site for it. I know all of the outfitters/lodges/tour people here in the NWT, and will advertise their businesses for free for a set period and see how it goes. If it goes well I can expand to other regions of Canada. I think there may be a few good places to fish up here ...:)

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So it was not an end user after all who bid for ESPN.CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators