• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Esponga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
Anyone know what "ESPONGA" means?
Someone said it's Italian, but, didn't know the meaning.

Any Italian here?

I really would like to know the meaning because
I registered the esponga.com, .net and .org :)

I googled esponga and result was 116,000.

I just hope it doesn't have any ugly meaning.

Thanks
 
"Esponja", in spanish, means "sponge".

Esponga, is a mispell of esponja.
 
Actually, NO.
It is Italian and spelling is correct :)

I checked it myself since no one posted on this thread for sometime.
I still don't know the exact meaning of it.
However, it got something to do with "expose" and it is Italian :-)

I still appreciate your input, though.
Now I know "Esponja" is sponge :)

javok said:
"Esponja", in spanish, means "sponge".

Esponga, is a mispell of esponja.
 
Hi Copper,

I sent you PM, but i also post here.

It comes out from the verb "ESPORRE" that means: "to put out", "to set out", "to expose". But also "to show" and "to exhibit".

Esponga is the imperative mood of the verb ESPORRE.
It is used when we ask someone to show, exhibit, etcetera. It is a polite form that does not exist in the English language.
In English you use "you" both when you are talking with your friends and with people you are not confident with.

In italian we use "TU" (you) for friends, buddies, etc.
And we use "LEI" (you) for people we are not confident with.

ESPONGA is the imperative, used with people you are not confident with.

(If you were confident, you would prefer to use ESPONI).

Hope it may help.

Regards.

Jean
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom