• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.eu joke !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
6
Living in the u.k i have not seen one advertisement anywhere with .eu,must be all the speculators have got them and are waiting for big money returns,i just cant see it regardless of the specultive punt by some of the big guns who have made some sales.
I remember .in in the same sort of light,i just got that feelin .eu will be the same with the odd big sale to the odd desperate corp who has lost the chance of the .com,.net and cctld.

Maybe im wrong but i will take the chance im not and rather concentrate on .com and cctld and the odd .net.

Your educated thoughts would be interesting as i know some of you guys were ramping up .eu bigtime even to say it would be bigger than .com

THANKS !
 
Speculators have most of the great names. This means very few end-users to drive the extention.

Hype, Scam, Dud, Joke, Crap.


Dotcom gets stonger again....next.
 
I agree with you whodatdog. Speculators have the best names simply for parking or other not so audience targeted. I think the .eu registration fiasco though still needs to be cleared for the cctld to make any serious progress.
 
Hi Bulldog,
I agree, have not found one active .eu site. The whole process was a disgrace by eurid & many of the registrars. No doubt the extension will settle in time. Some top names will change hands for considerable amounts in time. However i know of noone buying them personally.
My favourites .com .net .co.uk .info The latter having the most growth potential to come in my humble opinion. It's funny I originally thought .eu ,what a good idea etc. I just don't like them! :tea: Guy

:lock1:
 
Hey, eu only started just 5 Months ago. I think you are expecting to much for this short time. Remember other TLD's also needed about a year to start consolidating.

I personally see eu with great potential. Most owners of ccTLDs in Europe have got their eu Domain,or have tried to get it. Now true, most good (and a lot of bad) generic names are in hands of resellers, but the same thing happened when i.e. .info and .biz were launched. So just don't be impatient, give .eu another half year and you will start finding many good websites under .eu.

Sure, eu willnever have the prestige of a .com, but I trust to see .eu at a level like .net or .de in about 3 to 5 years.
 
I tried several .eu domains and I couldn't get one .eu domain to resolve. I tried loans, money, tickets, sex, etc. Might there be a reason for this?
 
The question is surely 'what language will the .eu be in?'

I have heard that some members of the EU Parliament want every .eu to be available in every language used in the EU (that must be over 20 languages), if this gets passed into EU law then think of the costs involved in developing sites!

Although I specialize in ccTLD's I have kept far away from .eu and intend to keep it that way.
 
There isn't much money in parking .eu
Either site will have to be made or one will have to let the domains expire.
 
So i feel that the pendulam is swinging against .eu after all the hype on here !
Maybe it will change but i doubt and to think people honestly thought it would come on par with .com LOL
 
So i feel that the pendulam is swinging against .eu after all the hype on here !
Maybe it will change but i doubt and to think people honestly thought it would come on par with .com LOL

I said it would be a dud from the start. I hope you didn't waste your money buying any.
 
.eu is a joke.
it is a scandal, one that will probably haunt the extension for many many years to come (IMHO)
 
Thanks for all the responses,i never ever got caught up in it thanks to the advice from the more senior members here,i listened to them, heed there advice and you will be all the more wiser,im learning all the time !
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom