• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.EU resale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namewaiter

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,815
Reaction score
0
Can I as a US resident, buy a .eu off someone after it's been registered and have it transfered to my account?
 
You cannot as far as I know.
You might use your european friends' identity to own that name.
Some registrars do provide proxy registration which is kind of against the rule.

Hey buddie, we are in the same City. Too much rain today, huh? :)
 
thewindmaster said:
Really? I US resident cannot by a .eu name?

Well they cannot reg .us either, fair enough :-(
 
.eu is only for europeans. (or better, it should be...)
 
whois.eu shows a couple .eu domains owned by people with .ca emails...
 
I own .eu domains and I'm canadian.
 
The majority of the .ca listed names are under the umbrella of Pool.

They have a LOT of very good domains now in auction.

Of course, the majority of them will NOT end up in the hands of 'bonafide' European entities... :yawn:
 
namewaiter said:
Can I as a US resident, buy a .eu off someone after it's been registered and have it transfered to my account?

there are some services on the web where you can buy a EU Address. I dont know how legal it is to buy only a EU Address. The most legal way for you to get a Company. Cheapest way to get a a company is a UK Limited around 150 Dollar.

Freddy
 
I hope .eu burns :ok:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom