• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.eu saga in enom. Your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
4,356
Reaction score
35
Ok, Lets start from beginning.

Saw some time ago, that enom offers Go Live queue. 2 different ones standard queue ($9.95 each ) and Premium ($299.95) each. Ok ordered 97 off those standard ones. Before that I contacted enom support and asked : "could You tell me some kind number, how many registrars?"- I wanted to know will they catch with many registrars. they answered "It looks like we have 2 creds to choose from."

Now from that 97 domain I got 4 domains all where registered with enom, no other registrar.

Now I looks at the whois off those other 97 domains and looks like. In my queue there where domains that I think only I went after, domains like osta.eu, heiz.eu , electricguitar.eu, electricguitars.eu all also show in whois that they where caught with enom affiliate registrars.
Lexicon Media, Ltd. Namebattery and so on.. all domains where created some days before the landrush.


Now customer support says:

The domains you reference (ie. heiz.eu, gunit.eu,...) were caught for another eNom customer using a separate queue that was unavailable to the public.:twitch: Unfortunately, the two queues were not cross referenced with one another, and in some instances a conflict arose where both parties ordered the same domain. The nature of the landrush meant that the pubic queue got the domain name in some cases and in others the private queue won.

and:

My response to that, was to provide you with the Tech Support conversation that answered your question stating that two creds. would be used for EU preregistration queues. One for the VIP queue, and another separate cred. for the regular queue.

Our EU product manager has agreed to refund the queue for those domains caught in the other queue since we could have cross referenced the lists but we cannot provide you with a refund for all of your queue fees since the service offered was provided.


Your thoughts? Looks like rip-off? Or is it normal? I am asking my 97 credits back, but they say it is not possible.
 
stuff, I have a very interesting story to share with you. will pm the shady details about the enom .eu queue
 
Brujah said:
stuff, I have a very interesting story to share with you. will pm the shady details about the enom .eu queue


Thanks for the story, I see that other people are also in the same problem.
Money I lost for 97 credits is not that much, but thats just amazing what enom is doing. They offer service, then use our lists and keep the domains. I really can`t say what I will do, but this is rip-off there is nothing more to say-
 
It looks like Enom is learning from the predatory tactics of competitors every day :greenupset:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom