Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Europe bans spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The European Parliament has voted to ban the sending of unsolicited commercial email. The new European directive should be in place some time next year and would mean that people will have to "opt in" or ask to receive commercial email. The vote also overturned proposals to introduce severe restrictions on the use of cookies. "

http://www.theregus.com/content/6/25107.html

Domain summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy "The European Parliament has voted to ban the sending of unsolicited commercial email. The new European directive should be in place some time next year and would mean that people will have to "opt in" or ask to receive commercial email. The vote also overturned proposals to introduce severe restrictions on the use of cookies. "http://www.theregus.com/content/6/25107.html

Hey Beatz, I thought you said Spam was no big deal in Europe with both the people and the ISP's. :confused: If so, how do you account for this?

This goes a lot farther than anything I ever heard of before. It's actually a good idea. I can't stop all the spams I get, more than 100-day, so wish we had this in the US too.

By the way, I never did get the name of your spam friendly ISP (per our earlier posts) so I could open an account there for sending bulk mail.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"The new European directive should be in place some time next year"
Just read it carefully,RealNames.
'next year' as in 'not so far'
'directive' as in 'not a law'
Can't become law anyway as to decide on that is up to each individual countrys government.
As for the ISP - i already told you i will not recommend ANY because i would not be able to guarantee 100% you would not get into trouble.
For the last time: All i said was people and ISP's don't really care enough about spam to make a big deal out of it; i didn't say i would know an ISP that officially allows spam.
But geez i already told you that more than once now.
And please notice it's the european parliament that has voted - not the public or the ISP's.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How can you stop spam ? thats so stupid
we are going to colonize the moon before we ever stop spam, lol

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beatz, it's hard to imagine the public and ISP's in particular would not also be in favor of it. The fact they are banning spam means it must be a big issue in Europe, contrary to what you said. :confused:

Also, you make it sound like the public and isp's may not be in favor of it. Why would ISP's be against it? Why would ISP's want all that free spam clogging their mail server? Plus, why would the public want all that spam? Why would the authorities approve this if it was not a popular issue?

I know you did not say your ISP welcomed spam but if you read between the lines you made it sound like they really did not care - that's almost the same as being spam friendly.

I do not want 100% guarantees on your ISP doing bulk-emails, but if its true they don't care that is good enough for me and I would like to open an acct there to possibly send bulk emails.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez.
Am i writing in chinese here..?
All i was trying to say people don't get so upset here about spam - and no,it's not a big issue here.
And as for "making it sound" and "read between the lines" - UH?
I didnt even try to make a big point or start a discussion and sure enuff it's only you reading something between the lines.
Maybe this thread is the perfect example of what i am talkin about:
Some people make a big deal out of something.
Others don't.
Damn.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, spam is like making a mountain out of a molehill.

Just use your delete key.

Originally posted by Nic
How can you stop spam ? thats so stupid
we are going to colonize the moon before we ever stop spam, lol

Nic, that's why I registered MOONOBSERVATORY.COM and LUNAROBSERVATORY.COM :D

It took me 2 months to amass enough spam at a hotmail account so that I can order the selected ones alphabetically; 1 for each letter :D enjoy the attachment.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange
It took me 2 months to amass enough spam at a hotmail account so that I can order the selected ones alphabetically; 1 for each letter :D enjoy the attachment.

lol...what a greek geek :D

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL .... more like Greek Freek :):)

M

mike

Originally posted by snoopy
"The European Parliament has voted to ban the sending of unsolicited commercial email. The new European directive should be in place some time next year and would mean that people will have to "opt in" or ask to receive commercial email. The vote also overturned proposals to introduce severe restrictions on the use of cookies. "

http://www.theregus.com/content/6/25107.html

I'm sorry to read this. Restrictions on SPAM or UCE might seem O.K. at first on the surface, but it creates the situation of giving an inch of regulation, and sooner or later, they'll take a mile.

Banning UCE is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. No wonder the net is so stagnant, with all the hurdles and hassles startups face. Like not being allowed to UCE a pprospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators