• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Farewell Falwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleyx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
The Rev. Jerry Falwell, a pioneer among televangelists who later became a leading voice in the national debate over Christian values, has died at the age of 73.

NPR - by David Molpus

Larry King had Jerrys crazy counterparts (Bakkers) on tonight (the ones he took over for after they embezzled all the money in the PTL Ministry).

What a bunch of kooky bastards.
 
Sick People. I'm sure God has a special place for those who hijack his name to make money from the poor and desperate.
 
Good riddens.
 
Hi,

Domain forums are like bars when it comes to this...

In bars... Religion and Politics do not "mix"

And in domain forums.... Religion and domains do not "mix".

Peace,
Dan
 
I liked Jerry, its very sad to hear that he passed away....Although I did not agree with everything he stood for, he was a decent human being with conviction. Interesting to know that his daughter Jeannie has the same last name as me, Jeannie Falwell Savas, she must of Married Greek like I did.

I wonder if Larry Flynt will attend the funeral :eek:
 
I wonder if Larry Flynt will attend the funeral :eek:

You took the words right out of my mouth on this one. I don't buy Hustler, but I just may for next month to see his obit wrote up, I'm sure Larry will do that out of "respect" for him.

On the other issues the man was a holier than thou POS that judged people and spewed hated based on weird assumptions.

First of all he was fat. Um, seven deadly sins, I'm sure gluttony is in there somewhere. Second the bible states that only God shall be the judge of one's sins. Considering he's dead, he surely wasn't God. :lol:

I hope they do an investigation on his "mysterious" death and find child porn on his computer. That would be a little bit of heaven for me.
 
I hope they do an investigation on his "mysterious" death and find child porn on his computer. That would be a little bit of heaven for me.

surely you wouldn't take pleasure in someone harming children.

If you want the man to be disgraced then hope they find cocaine in his blood, not child porn.
 
I like the statement. The Moral Majority is neither.
 
I liked the guy, while He said and did some things I didnt like I like people who say what they are thinking Thats why i like reverand Al Sharpton too, while politically I am on the opposite side as him I think dialogue on differing views, wether reigion politics, global warming etc is good and should be encouraged.
 
I liked the guy, while He said and did some things I didnt like I like people who say what they are thinking Thats why i like reverand Al Sharpton too, while politically I am on the opposite side as him I think dialogue on differing views, wether reigion politics, global warming etc is good and should be encouraged.

Falwell spouted loads of crap. Just because some homophobic man condemns everything from Tellytubbies to abortion does not make him anything special. He was a bigot who spouted hate and intolerance. Frankly I'm glad he's gone.

Now lets move this to the "Controversial" section of the forum so I can tell you all what I really thought of him :cheesy:
 
Falwell spouted loads of crap. Just because some homophobic man condemns everything from Tellytubbies to abortion does not make him anything special. He was a bigot who spouted hate and intolerance. Frankly I'm glad he's gone.

And this statement (and others here) do not have "hate and intolerance" in it/them?

Peace,
Dan
 
There are many people I dont like and disagree with, I would never wish them dead or celebrate there death.....If your going to rip into a dead man that cant fight back, at least have the decency to wait until he's put to rest.

I liked the guy, while He said and did some things I didnt like I like people who say what they are thinking Thats why i like reverand Al Sharpton too, while politically I am on the opposite side as him I think dialogue on differing views

My feelings exactly.
 
Falwell may not be perfect, but i am sure that he was overall a good man.
 
surely you wouldn't take pleasure in someone harming children.

If you want the man to be disgraced then hope they find cocaine in his blood, not child porn.

Alright I admit I was extreme in my wishes and don't want any harm to come to children; maybe some a nice video of him having sex with a pre-op transsexual; snorting cocaine off his back. :lol:

Raider said:
If your going to rip into a dead man that cant fight back, at least have the decency to wait until he's put to rest.

Did he do that for the victims of 9/11? NO. "F" Him.

Jerry Falwell said:
About 9/11 - God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

If there is a heaven, and Jerry is going there then I definitely don't want to know that God.
 
Did he do that for the victims of 9/11? NO. "F" Him.

Your stretching again Sarcle, Falwell never blamed or bad mouthed the victims of 911, like what you guys are doing to him.
 
Your stretching again Sarcle, Falwell never blamed or bad mouthed the victims of 911, like what you guys are doing to him.

In saying we probably got what we deserved on 9/11 that wasn't disrespectful to those victims or to America? That's okay?
 
And this statement (and others here) do not have "hate and intolerance" in it/them?

Hating one man because he is a jerk is far different than hating millions of people because of their sexual orientation or hating a poor Teletubby because he just happens to be purple.

There are many people I dont like and disagree with, I would never wish them dead or celebrate there death....

So by your logic we shouldn't celebrate Hitler's death? And we can't say anything bad about him because he's dead?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom