Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auctions FeministForum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FeministForum.com

Start: $1

Min. Increment: $10

Domain summit 2024

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will accept bids for more 5 days.

If they are too low or aren't at all... I will improve the site and then come back again later. Need to put some time in it... but now I'm too busy.

If you want to improve it yourself, just bid. =))

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Umm..can I assume this is mine vorty?

5 days are up.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can I get a judgement call on this from an admin? Seems like Vorty doesn't want to sell me the domain.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, like I said in this post:
Vorty said:
If they are too low or aren't at all... I will improve the site and then come back again later. Need to put some time in it... but now I'm too busy.
$10 is too low, why am I obligied to sell? Where is that written? Please tell me...

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will ask for an admin to clarify this for you.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I will ask for an admin to clarify this for you.
Ok, thank you. I would like to hear too.

I said: "If they (bids) are too low or aren't at all... I will improve the site and then come back again later."

Maybe I'm confused with my english, but what I understand from that phrase is that I will wait to see if the bids are good enough and if they don't I will make the website better and then put it again for sale.

Am I obligied to sell my site for $10?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Vorty,

Before posting here you should probably read the rules. Sometimes they can help you in situations like this.

5) No reserve price auctions. If you have a reserve in mind, start your auction there and no time is wasted.

AKA This isn't really an AUCTION. This is you taking offers for your name with an end-date but a "I dont have to sell if I dont want to".

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't consider $10 too low for this. It's subjective your statement. You started this auction with a $1 minimum bid and placed no dollar amount as a reserve. I just paid you $75 for atheistforum with no problems. I bid $25 over the guy before me and I didn't have to do that. If you wish to place an item up for auction you should set a minimum price that you are willing to accept. If you wanted $25 or $50 for this at least then you should have started it at that price. I would have either not bothered or would have considered it.

I just want staff to clarify since I don't do auctions that often here. I could be wrong in my position but I feel you should sell to me at the $10.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok...well can you restart this auction Vorty? I wouldn't mind considering paying more for this. At least I will have the option.

Thanks GD for clarification.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
You cannot put disclaimers like that in an auction. Imagine if you won on ebay and the user said that? You should have started it at the minimum you would accept.

Since you added this disclaimer, I guess you are covered, but next time, these disclaimers are not allowed. Either put it in the Offers forum (not auction) or start the auction at your reserve.
I'm sorry for that. Thank's for the explanation GiantDomains. :eek:k:

labrocca, like I said "If they (bids) are too low or aren't at all... I will improve the site and then come back again later." - for later I mean days or weeks... not right away. If you want to make an offer like I said in PM's be my guest.

P.S. Thanks Duncan, didn't know that. Now I know, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators