Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Finally A DNF Re-design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess I can say this now - for the amount of money this site pulls in from well everything it possibly can - I can't believe it went on so long with such a horrible design!

THE NEW ONE ROCKS!!! ABOUT TIME...CHEERS!

(BTW thanks for less ads - the amount before was almost insulting considering most of us pay for membership also)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Love this new look!

Domain Summit 2024

sOliver

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thumbs up, awesome redesign.
Some parts are not my taste, mainly the navbar gradient, but everything else is perfect.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it my eyes or have the site colours and graphics changed? I haven't seen a mention of it elsewhere, but I think it's lovely. Much more authoritative and relevant, somehow. :)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, draggar, I spotted one of them as soon as I'd posted - off to the right of the page. I really like it, I have to say. It's very . . . sleek, I think is the word. And the colours are very serious, as if the site knows what it's doing - which it does, of course.

I saw in the other thread a couple of folk saying they preferred the old blue. But it seems to me that so many other forums are blue that you need to be a bit different to rise above them. Also, the gold is very suited to the Olympics. :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the red, white, and blue, while patriotic, was aged and a little templated and a little predictable? I'll agree, the new look is sleek (that is a good word) and modern. Any forum like this (domaining, web development, etc..) needs to be on top of everything and a few steps ahead of the industry in order to be able to keep up.

The admins did this with the new look, it's not just modern but slightly ahead of the times.

TechQueen

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great design. Very attractive & professional. :)

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
actually it looks kinda stylish when you get used to, but those tld flies from the header should go away and avatars must be on top of the plates, not under

and suggestion/idea - change exclusive to - diamond, otherwise it looks like bronze and platinums looks better

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The red black and yellow is sexy.

One suggestion that would make this place infinitely better..

Make a clean, graphic-minimal extra information-minimal skin for those of us who don't want to see extra junk like:

Europe.gif

25 wasted height pixels per post
dnplat.jpg

75 wasted height pixels per post
header1.jpg

110 wasted height pixels

DNF$: 1,888 [Donate]
96 wasted pixels per post

Currently avatars are the only thing we can voluntarily turn off (as far as I can tell). I'd like to not see those extra graphics, it just makes reading threads more irritating for me.

Currently every post with an avatar is about 200 pixels minimum height, which is really irritating when reading most posts that are only 1-2 lines.

This would be a very worthwhile improvement.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don really like it , i was thinking something of a fresh look next time round but this time it has gone more backwards and darker :(

i was expecting a more clean web2.0 look , i suggested that on the first redesign too but i guess no body here likes the fresh look :sad:

Last edited:

Vinternatt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone doesn't like it very much. Especially header.

Blue or Dark Blue is a good color for business and refreshment. I agree with Ehsan. It looks too darker right now. Old one was better in my opinion.

Also it is good to see changes in DNF. Let's see what is coming with Part2 and Part3 updates :)

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like the new design!

I mean, it could probably be different and slightly better this and that.. But all in all, I'm here to talk, buy and sell domains, not to look at innovative and top-notch webdesigns. As long as the colors match and doesn't hurt my eyes, I'm happy. :)

i was expecting a more clean web2.0 look , i suggested that on the first redesign too but i guess no body here likes the fresh look :sad:

Oh and please stay away from the "Web2.0" look. I would prefer not to spend several hours a day watching bright green, yellow and pink colors. :)

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes we are here to talk and sell and buy domains but i why do all that in a dark room lol , if you don't like web2.0 its alright(although its the future and its everywhere) but that doesn't mean you have to go all dark and scary currently its too much hard to read the text while its surrounded by so dark colors.

Dorian

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like it.
Friendly to my eyes.

1901gt

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some may like it, some may not. Very hard to please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom