• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Finally the big bustard answered !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
17
I found some domains I am interested in buying them are owned by the same person and after a few time I realized he is one of the big players as he owned many nice names

I sent him many emails using different accounts sending offers for many of his emails ....but he never answered any of them

so I thought he doesn't like my offers

so I sent many mails from different accounts asking for his asking price.....but he never answered

So I couldn't figure why he is not answering or may be he didn't receive my emails

So I choose one of his domains who worth low XX,XXX$ IMO and sent him an offer of XXX,XXX$ ....Guess what

He finally answered me saying thanks for your offer but we aren't interested in selling at your price!

haha What a Big Bustard!:-D
 
Wait for the PPC market to consolidate and crash these PPC domain farm networks down, then make them another offer.
 
Mole,

Not to ruin your best wishes on the future.

But, the probability of that happening within the next couple years is very, very slim.

Unless, you we give you a window of 20 years.


Gotasale,

At least, he answered you.

Does he have to sell it if you make an offer that YOU think is fair?

Can't he just say "no thank you".
 
mole said:
Wait for the PPC market to consolidate and crash these PPC domain farm networks down, then make them another offer.

I agree Mole, the above will be the fifth thing that happens after;

1. Hey Elvis, how are you doing?

2. The USA has a balanced budget.

3. Las Vegas casino's pay out more in winnings, than they take in, in a year.

4. I ever say "I agree Mole" on anything again.

Shaun :-D
 
Ah, being complacent has a nice feel to it.

The PPC providers will consolidate against the increasing PPC fraud that they are experiencing - traffic will be checked and shaved and measured for conversion.

Over 90% of all PPC traffic coming from domain farms are very low quality. The clampdown is inevitable, especially for Google.
 
Mole has some good food for thought.

We're seeing domains become a viable asset class due to rising absolute values. Marchex set the bar by paying a healthy multiple for a well-known portfolio, and we're seeing other large, quality portfolios go for 10-15x annual income.

What are the variables that make-up income from domains?

1. Traffic
2. Advertising prices

I don't see much of a risk in traffic. It probably won't surge or fall swiftly.

I do see risk in advertising prices. That is tied to economic health. If advertising prices fall moderately, say 10%, now you're paying 17.5x earnings for the same domain that was at 15x.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom