• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

finding other domains owned by someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

melmunch

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
If someone lists the same contact info in their whois, is there anyway to find out what other names they might own? I know that domaintools has a server spy, but in this case, they are not up on any server.

Thanks
 
That's a great question - I'd like to find out if that kind of "reverse lookup" was available.
 
would be nice but I don't think it exists
 
I had looked into building this, but it has HUGE COSTS, due to the ever changing database, the Massive size of the database etc. Just the server costs would drain some big cash. Then to make money with the system would be hard as well as domainers are cheap :lol: and would not pay to use the service. I may think of it again, but I have better idea's in my mind that will pay off Big Time if I can find more results like Overture.
 
No one has more server space and bandwidth than Google. Perhaps we can propose a DNF/Google JV to bring this idea to market. Google can sell ads and generate rev that can be shared with a DNF foundation of some sort.

Other ideas?
 
This was made available by NSOL back in 1995-1998 Any old timers remember that cool feature. Long gone now...
 
I think its a terrible idea :/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom