• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Fish.com Sale Nets $1 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
4,356
Reaction score
35
Domain Exchange Industry Leader Afternic.com Manages Largest e-Commerce Acquisition of 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. and LOS ANGELES (Nov. 15, 2005) - Leading domain name exchange Afternic.com announced today that it managed the $1 million sale of Fish.com between an undisclosed private party and www.dog.com, a discount dog supplies company and the new owner of the high-value domain name. The all-cash sale sets a new high-water mark for e-commerce transactions this year.

http://www.afternic.com/news.php
 
Wow, this guy is going to have to move train cars of tropical fish every day to make a return on that kind of cash outlay. :)

Great sale for the previous owner in my opinion. Can't beat that price for that type of domain.
 
financialtraffic said:
Great sale for the previous owner in my opinion.

But for buyer?
 
If I understand this correctly the Buyer is the person behind dog.com....
So in this case it appears to be a good buy for him as well, although I'm surprised he couldn't get fish.com for a bit cheaper than 1 million dollars.

It appears that the new owner is fully aware of how much he can generate with these type of domains. But I still think it will be a big undertaking. With a cash outlay of 1 million, that's quite a bit in interest each day that you're losing out on and thus must make up with increased sales or higher margins.

Either way, I wish both parties the best on their transaction! I like to see these kind of transactions.
 
What is rediculous is I have spoken to the owner of fish.com many times and I would have given him twice that.

He is an author and a strange guy.

-=DCG=-
 
Stuff, looks like you scooped dnJournal's headlines this week!
 
DotComGod said:
He is an author and a strange guy.
Thanks for the info! :-D

I think $2 Million would have been too much for fish.com though... Even $1 million is a high sales price for this domain. You cannot say it is overprized, but its value potential is nearly exhausted, in my opinion.

Very nice sale to an end user who knows what domains are really worth!
 
Looking only at the ovt numbers, with ext 3483, - so I would say if only parked it could make at least $XXX in day so 10-15 years revenue only looking at the ovt numbers.
 
For PPC with Yahoo ads, this would have been worth 2M easy. Nice catch for the buyer, if he sells to DCG, he will have made an instant profit!
 
DotComGod said:
What is rediculous is I have spoken to the owner of fish.com many times and I would have given him twice that.
He is an author and a strange guy.
-=DCG=-


DCG, My hand would shake nervously to write a $ 1. million check.

To write a $ 2. million check, my whole body would shake. :-D




DomainQuay said:
Stuff, looks like you scooped dnJournal's headlines this week!

Not really. Duke has known about it for a while. And, he hinted about it in last week's report.

But, he had an agreement that he would not disclose anything until all the shoes dropped.

(Duke, I hope I haven't spoken out of turn?)
 
Adam they are better for business because then they nag their parents to get them the stuff in which case the parents normally wouldn't.
 
actnow said:
Not really. Duke has known about it for a while. And, he hinted about it in last week's report.

(Duke, I hope I haven't spoken out of turn?)


And where to You take that I have not known about it months???
 
stuff said:
And where to You take that I have not known about it months ago???


I would have no idea how many people knew about it. Since, it took place
last July. (7-19-05)
 
Sorry guys - didn't mean to ruffle any feathers!

I only meant that Stuff broke the news first to those of us not privy to inside information!
 
anyone would love to own Horse.com, Bird.com and Ferret.com but I would think it would be ten times better to own horses.com, birds.com and ferrets.com.... not?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom