Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[FOR SALE on ebay] xbox.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I mean.. www-ecksbocks.info! Best name ever, you will get tons of traffic! Just think!

OR NOT! I am only kidding of course, but in all seriousness, is anybody else sick of seeing awesome names in eBay auction titles, only to see total crap when you click on it for more information?

I saw one the other day for something (I forgot exactly what it was) but they wanted $10k for a horrible name.. It would have been good if it was the name they showed in their title, but it had www- in front of it and it was spelled wrong. I just used the xbox.com example for the sake of the argument. Obviously this is owned by Microsoft...

But seriously, eBay is usually a good place to pick up good names for cheap sometimes, but it's also a place to pick up terrible names for 1,000 times their worth, and in some cases they are worth 0 to begin with...

I hope nobody here is on eBay trying to pull this stuff.. it really annoys people..

Just my 2 cents in the form of a little venting. :-D

~007

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, ebay's domain section is full of crappy domains. I find it pretty funny to sort the list from most to least expensive and see the horrible names people are trying to sell for millions of dollars.

I also hate it when people describe domains as "best domain on ebay!" or "super rare domain, great investment" when the domain is something like play-poker-online-now123.biz, for example.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really amazing how many junk names are listed on ebay.... Some of these people must be making big deals happen, no?

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry IT Web Team... although actually it's not for sale anyway, it was just a joke title to spur some good clean eBay domainer venting. :-D

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes , I agree ......there are many people on ebay with way inflated prices

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love it how some listings say "best domain on ebay!" and the same seller uses that in 20 of his listings on ebay at the same time...

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What I want to know is who in their right mind, or even wrong mind would buy any of these. I see them quite frequently with several bids. Some absolutely ridiculous names have sold for a few hundred dollars. I don't understand it.

eBay doesn't do anything about it either because there are so many of these domain listings. It would be hard to narrow in on all of the bad ones, so instead they just sit back and collect the listing fees. Either way they win.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
007 said:
What I want to know is who in their right mind, or even wrong mind would buy any of these. I see them quite frequently with several bids. Some absolutely ridiculous names have sold for a few hundred dollars. I don't understand it.
I don't understand who'd buy them either, but I guess they must be getting sold, because the same people seem to relist many domains. Maybe I'll try selling some of my lesser quality domains on ebay :cheeky:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nts said:
I don't understand who'd buy them either, but I guess they must be getting sold, because the same people seem to relist many domains. Maybe I'll try selling some of my lesser quality domains on ebay :cheeky:
hehe, maybe we all should list our worst names and see what sells!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nts said:
the domain is something like play-poker-online-now123.biz

What the heck is your problem?

You saw this name on Ebay and didn't bid on it? Damn it, I'll never find another 4 word .biz with 3 hyphens and 3 numbers at the end... :yell:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've seen sites for sale on ebay that haven't been registered yet. Thought about registering the name and then winning the auction to see if I could get the seller stuck in the middle.

I saw lRAQ.com today for $1,000. But on closer inspection it was LRAQ.com. Now if I could just find 1RAQ.com, I could complete my collection!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought Boybands.us there, not a bad experience, but I don't think the seller returned the positive feedback that I left for him.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You really can't predict what your domain will sell for if you don't have a reserve price set.
I recently sold a website there for $900, which was my reserve price, and the buyer did not pay. I then relisted it and since it I knew it could sell for high $xxx i didnt put a reserve price. I sold it for only $150. Imagine my suprice and disapointment.
:jaw:

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bought eels.info through Ebay for $1.

I developed the name and sold the site a month later for a few hundred. That's my best success story from Ebay

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only went to ebay 2 times in the past year to look for names.
Once I saw what was there I figured ebay was a scammers market for Domain Names.

Maybe I visit again when I need a good chuckle.

Such a shame people buy into those 4 word-three-hyphen-3number names.
What a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators