• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Forum Monetization

Status
Not open for further replies.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
796
Reaction score
1
I have a fairly large forum displaying adsense ads. It's not making nearly as much as sites with a similar ammount of traffic, which seems to be common with forums. Based on your experience, what do you think the best way to monetize a forum is? It's a webmaster related forum.

Thanks
 
Well you could offer the advertising space for "sponsors" to buy. But I suppose this method only works if you have a large volume of traffic.
 
I would be happy to offer some suggestions on other forms of advertising as well as improving your adsense income. PM me with your URL as this is what I am good at...:-)
 
you can try to spend time to find and approach webhost, webhost directory site own. then offer them space with long term deal. have various spot in the forum for advertise without ad rotation, such as a small ad button near the search box, small ad button beside the new thread button. it should be better than ad network.
 
No reason to go with only one option. I say CPM, CPA, and CPC. I would also look for private advertisers and sell links.
 
I made over $2000 last year on one forum without ANY ads or doing anything illegal. Consider a points system. :-) Also premium paid membership. I hope to make about $5k this year on the one site via these tools. I also have adsense and now chitika on the site bringin in even more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom