• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

forum valuation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 mils approx if only 1% or half % members are regular visitors of it.
 
have to know a lil bit more than just the amount of members.. what about the traffic, amount of posts and etc
 
You don't value a site just based on the forum memberbase
 
Threads: 69,142, Posts: 642,294, Members: 146,060

Not sure about traffic, probably alot from above #'s.

I don't own the forum, but am interested in it.... Any price estimates ? tks :)
 
Its hard to say without revenue figures, or potential for revenue. But that is a pretty big forum.
 
In my opinion, it has Way too many ads, but the nature of the people who use the forum actually Like those ads as they are related to their interests and i bet they get alot of clickthru's (knowing this from personal experience as I am a member and often see ads i Want to click on)
 
Well, then that may make it even more expensive to buy. I have a forum that has over 3 million posts and even if it wasn't making any money, I still wouldn't sell it from a rev stand point because of the amount of members and posts it has.

The post to member ratio is not good. Seems like the forum is averaging around 3 - 4 posts per member. (642,294 posts to 146,060 members)

This is a tough apprasial, from not knowing what the niche is or rev it makes, I would say around $12k at least.
 
Can you at least tell us what the niche is? Whats the subject of the forum?
 
The forum is on Firehouse.com

On the top menu there's a button for "forum". The site is very cluttered.
I recently bought FireForum.com and will be making a forum for Firefighters (i'm one) that I hope will do better than their site as this one isn't buried in an overcrowded website....
 
FireHouse is a big site. It is worth mid $xx,xxx IMO.
 
Firehouse.com would never be for sale, it's the extension of the magazine Firehouse (and the website is probably worth a cool million i'd bet). With all those ads I bet it pulls in MegaBucks, cause firemen Love firefighting STUFF - we buy tshirts, tools, gear, collectibles, anything related to the Job.

It's the forum that is buried inside the website that i'm most interested in...
 
$12K just for the forum with 150K members and all that content ? Me thinks not.

Depending on the age (member since) and staleness (valid contact email, etc.) of the member base, I would say (easily) high $XX,XXX or more.

Rob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom