• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Found a baby Squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery250

Domain Dreamer
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
I found a cat attacking a baby squirrel a few hours ago.

I got it before it was hurt much, and now have it inside.

Have it in a aquarium, and have been feeding it a salt/sugar/water mixture as I have read online.

It's quite fiesty when I feed it, otherwise it just does nothing.

Here are a few photos:

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/6153/squirrel8dl.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/...quirrel20wm.jpg

I am going to try to call a squirrel rehabilitation person in the morning. There's only one I can find in Savannah...

Stephen
 
wow kind of you !

good2 :)
 
2nd picture doesnt work. Also the squirl looks gangsta. lol
 
grilled squirrel is quite good with smoky BBQ sauce..

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww just looked at the pics...hes cute.
 
Thats very nice of you! But if I were you, I will cure the squirrel, then put it back into the near area where you picked it up. Its mother might still be looking for it?
 
tekz999 said:
But if I were you, I will cure the squirrel, then put it back into the near area where you picked it up. Its mother might still be looking for it?

True, but I'll go kill that freakin' cat first.
 
awww, I love squirrels, meerkats, chipmunks, prairie dogs...anything small and furry

make sure he doesn't give you rabies... :dead: :wink:
 
No, don't put it back for the mother.. She will smell that it has been around humans and most likely kill it or just plain avoid it. Animals are weird like that.

The best chance it has is if you nurse it back to health and then let it go when it's old enough to live on it's own...

I helped some baby rabbits once that the mother had left due to their nest being mowed over by a lawn mower... The grass was too short so the mother was scared to go back I guess. (Moral of the story, always keep your lawn mowed..) Anyway, the aquarium idea worked fine for me too. Also used that to let a chipmunk dry out that was drowning in the gutter.

How's the squirrel doing now anyway?
 
Bravo Stephen, your a kind soul :)
 
Any updates? My sister tried to nurse a squirrel back to health once but it died.....
 
007 said:
I helped some baby rabbits once that the mother had left due to their nest being mowed over by a lawn mower...

My brother found a rabbits nest with a lawn mower. He cut the grass really low, though, so what was left wasn't really worth trying to nurse back together even if we could find all the bunny parts.


How's the squirrel doing? Do you feed it anything other than the salt/sugar/water?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom