Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Free Forum Hosting Site - PR6 - Established

Status
Not open for further replies.

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking to sell my site:
http://www.forumhoster.com

Pagerank: 6
DMOZ Listed
Alexa Traffic Rank: 25,618

Buy it NOW - $10,000 for forumhoster.com
BUY it NOW - $12,000 for forumhoster.com + afreeimagehost.com talked about below

You are free to make offers via PM. Don't bother offering less than 50% of my buy it now. I know the site can fetch more than that easily.

I have too many projects on the go and with the success of one of my e-commerce sites I need to focus on it instead.

ForumHoster.com provides free forum hosting based upon the invision powerboard software. I know this site has
massive potential with the right buyer, I simply have no time. I will even state below recommendations that will easily increase
the profit of the site.

I can't really show webalizer stats as they are very skewed since that would also include all the free forums hosted and not simply the site.
I have Google ads on all of the ForumHoster.com site and they tell me I average 2,000 page views daily.

I do use an external script to analyze all traffic to the forumhoster.com site and can give the login info to you, if you are serious. The large majority of all
traffic comes from Google as we are ranked:

#2 - free forum hosting
#3 - free forum
#4 - forum hosting

I am sure we have lots of rankings under other terms too, those are the only ones I watch.

The site is currently hosting 2760 forums. These are active forums, unlike many other free hosting sites that keep all forums, every month we purge any unused forums.

****PROFIT****
The site earns money from 4 different avenues.
Re-occuring premium accounts at $5 per month
Google Adsense Ads on the main site and all free forums
use of 2 different ad networks that have their ad integrated into various aspects of the sign up process.

- Google Profit
September: $341.31
October: $380.65
November: $451.34
December(1st 29 days): $427.47

There is still HUGE potential for more money with Google Adsense. Currently all free forums have a banner at the top. A little playing with the sizing, colors, positioning etc could
led to much more in profit. The actual pageviews of the free forums averages around 50,000 - 60,000 pageviews per day, So even a little bit of tweaking could lead to a lot more click throughs.

- Premium Member Subscriptions
September: Received 72 payments @ $5 each = $360
October: Received 66 payments @ $5 each = $330
November: Received 76 payments @ $5 each = $380
December(1st 29 days): Received 81 payments @ $5 each = $405

This subscriptions are done through PayPal. I think the premium member avenue is still fairly untapped. With 2760 forums hosted all they need is a little incentive to convert to premium members and
you could have a nice increase in revenue from that.

- Focalex
September: $146.70
October: $36.10
November: $33.41
December(1st 29 days): $58.16

These ads are integrated into the sign up process.

- Primary Ads
September: $89.60
October: $290.50
November: $154.90
December(1st 29 days): $6.60

These are also integrated into the sign up process. As you can see the high month of October and then a decrease in november and a severe decrease in December.
PrimaryAds.com has hundreds of different ads to use. In October, I tried a new ad and then profit increase substantially, however the ad offer was discontinued in
November and since profit dropped I just grabbed the best offer I thought at the time being. I am sure with a little trial and error and testing of different ad
campaigns the profit could be back up to $300 or so per month.

So to sum up the profit of the site it is:
September: $937.61
October: $1037.25
November: $1019.65
December(1st 29 days): $897.23

The only cost is $500 for a server per month. That is however skewed as you don't need a $500 fully managed server. I had set it up on this Dual Xeon 2.4ghz, 2 gigs ram, Triple SCSI 73gig 15k drive server as I was planning
to add other sites to this server and allow for alot of growth of this site as I was planning to put a lot of work into it. I have simply ran out of time.

This server is fully managed, so you don't need to worry about anything. I am sure this site could be run on a server for around $200 or so per month, but that is up to you.

As you can see the site brings in on average $1000 per month. If you kept the current server you would be profiting $500 per month. If you simply went with a cheap server you could be profiting around $800 per month.

The free image hosting site afreeimagehost.com that is advertised on the site is not included with the sale. You can however buy it also if you wish. It is a perfect mix as people frequenting forums also need a free image host. The actual site
makes around $150 profit per month. It could be moved to the forumhoster.com server so that $150 per month could be pure profit. The real beauty of the site is the custom image hosting script that is used. It is not like the other hundreds of sites that
use the same script, this one is unique. I would be looking for around $2,500 for the free image hosting site because of this. I am not really looking to sell this seperatly unless the price is right. More interested in selling together as they compliment each other so much.

If you have any questions at all, please either PM me, email me or msn me at [email protected]

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you state buy it now 10,000 - so i'm assuming we can make offers. whats the lowest offer to start out with?

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lowest offer would be 50% of the buy it now.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What script are you using to run the site with? Custom, not custom, what?

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thomor25 said:
What script are you using to run the site with? Custom, not custom, what?
It is custom. I never created it however. I purchased the site 5 months ago from the previous owner who created it.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you are able to force ads then. Is there a way to delete forums taht aren't being used and taking up space?

Also about profit, your profit has decreased 20% from last month, why has your income dropped in the last 2 or 3 months? Considering the server is 500 bucks you are only or were making 500 a month profit.

ALso would you be willing to sell just the script used to run the site?

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thomor25 said:
So you are able to force ads then. Is there a way to delete forums taht aren't being used and taking up space?

Also about profit, your profit has decreased 20% from last month, why has your income dropped in the last 2 or 3 months? Considering the server is 500 bucks you are only or were making 500 a month profit.

ALso would you be willing to sell just the script used to run the site?
Ads are inserted via a file that invision powerboard uses that they can't edit. They are then controlled by phpadsnew.

At the end of every month all forums not being used are automaticaly deleted.

Actually profit hasn't decreased 20% in Dec, why do you say that? It is only about $140 lower and that only includes 1st 29 days of Dec, not a full month.

The profit is included as:
September: $937.61
October: $1037.25
November: $1019.65
December(1st 29 days): $897.23

If you average Dec into a full 31 day month it is actually $959.11 profit. Where is the 20% drop in the last 3 months you talk about? There is only 4 months shown and I see an increase from September not a decrease????

You may wish to read the PrimaryAds section that answers the question why profit is changed a bit.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Profit we are talking about not gross income, as in if it costs 500 to pay for the server then subtract that from your numbers above then if you are making 100 dollars less thats a 20% decrease. 15-20% then if you want to count percentages and get technical on it.

Also would you be willing to sell just the script used to run the site? I may be interested in just this.

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Current highest offer is $8,000 for both forumhoster.com and afreeimagehost.com

Here is some more stats I was able to dig up.

Bandwidth ForumHoster Server:
Sept: 100gigs
Oct: 303gigs
Nov: 307gigs
Dec: 261gigs
The server comes with 2,000gb monthly transfer.

The actual disk usage is:
SCSI 69gig formatted A: 71% free
SCSI 69gig formatted B: 43% free
SCSI 69gig formatted C: 77% free

There is lots of diskspace left for expansion that is for sure. According to that over 130gigs free still.

For afreeimagehost.com which is on a different server and if purchased I recommend you move it to the same server as forumhoster.com.
Sept: 50gigs
Oct: 121gigs
Nov: 223gigs
Dec(1st 30 days): 225gigs bandwidth

It uses around 2.5gigs of disk space for the entire site.

I forgot to mention the best part of afreeimagehost.com is the amount of members. There are 5679 Activated Free Members so there is definatly alot of exposure.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are the signups on the site 100% automated? Even for the Premium signups?
Is the monthly billing 100% automated?
How much time needs to be spent each week to run the site?

- Eric
Bored.com

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impulse said:
Are the signups on the site 100% automated? Even for the Premium signups?
Is the monthly billing 100% automated?
How much time needs to be spent each week to run the site?

- Eric
Bored.com
Yes, everything is automated. The only time spent is customer service. Maybe an hour a week in total, I don't really receive more than 10 emails a week maybe.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many paying members does afreeimagehost.com have?
Does that site have any ad income?

- Eric
Bored.com

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impulse said:
How many paying members does afreeimagehost.com have?
Does that site have any ad income?

- Eric
Bored.com
Nov adsense - $97.97
Dec adsense - 77.81

Nov Focalex - $4.40
Dec Focalex - $9.60

Nov PrimaryAds - $52.40
Dec PrimaryAds - $0 (same reason as stated in original post, they discontinued ad I was using anf havn't had time to test others)

The site currently has 15 paying premium members at $5 per month. So $75 per month from that.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will pay $8100 total for both forumhoster.com and afreeimagehost.com

- Eric
Bored.com

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will pay $7500 just for forumhoster.com.

- Eric
Bored.com

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far $7500 for forumhoster.com alone is the most attractive offer I have received. I would highly prefer to sell both domains at the same time, however as they compliment each other so well. If I was to receive an offer of $9000 for both sites I would consider that the best offer so far.

I am going to let this stay open for offers for the next 2-3 days and then make a decision on who I will sell to, based on the offers up to then. This is posted in other places also, so I will try to keep this as up to date as possible if I receive offers elsewhere.

I received an offer of $1,500 for afreeimagehost.com alone. So far I have a $7,500 offer for forumhoster.com and a $1,500 offer for afreeimagehost.com.

If someone was to offer $9,000 for both it would still be ahead as it is less work to sell to one person.

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$8100 for forumhoster.com

- Eric
Bored.com

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Current highest offers is:
$8,250 for forumhoster.com site
$1,500 for afreeimagehost.com site

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom