Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Friday Flashback: CHIPs served without the dip

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Way back when, the NNNNNN .com space was just another nothing-burger with all the other available trends to invest in at the time. It was also a high-risk investment with a low-end reward waiting for anyone brave enough to trade it as nothing happened in the past to indicate anything positive would otherwise come from it in the future. In other words, it would've been quite foolish to go all-in with a second mortgage on the line, and we're not talking hindsight here. On the other hand, 5N was thriving and rapidly making a name for itself with jaw-dropping sales figures, attracting even more buyers to prop up the floor prices of both with their firey fuel to want in on the action.

I didn't think 6N would ever make it... WRONG was I.

Reminiscing on the 6N trend, it started off slow and steady. On forums, at least, it started with speculators noticing the 5N space quickly drying up and having outstanding sales performance, and then domainers were investing in the next big thing by registering triple and double-digit combinations such as 88 and 888 within the 6N .coms domains.

To help out the domaining community, I programmed a number random number generator—using favorable patterns such as repeating numbers previously mentioned here—that spit out a list of names with .com suffixed. This made it easy for anyone to copy/paste domains over to bulk register. From that time, I vaguely recall @eq78 picking a handful of NNNNNN.com from a list that I had generated and posted prior to handing out the link for others to use the generator for themselves (it was nothing pretty, but it did its job).

It couldn't have been but a week or two before, to my surprise, NNNNNN .com were all taken and instantaneously trading at a floor of around $300.

At the time my generator script was made, it would pump out a list of 10-20 names, and if I recall correctly, more than 95% were available to register.

I look back on this Friday at a week not so long ago in the distant past that could've made it rain on me, turning $1000 into $30,000 or $10,000 into $300,000 almost over night. I just didn't have conviction in the play.

Guess how sure I was on this one? I didn't even register one name. We win some, and we lose some. Though, my tolerance told me to stay out of that trade.

Happy End of the Week Day! :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom