• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

funny ebay domain sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 hyphens only? Was b-u-s-i-n-e-s-s.com taken? I think its better. Or how about b-i-d-n-e-s-s.com?
 
What a horrible domain name. I wouldn't even pay $1 for it. (Although I'm sure I could turn it around for more than $1. I just don't find any use for the name) :-D
 
he needs to have it listed @ Kevin's BigTicketDomains LOL
 
I don't see where the value of that name lies
 
He may be on to something! Looks like the best have already been taken: d-i-a-m-o-n-d-s.com etc. (gone)
 
eBay should charge those lunatics based on BIN or starting price from the get-go. I.e., anything over $10,000 should be subject to insertion fees in the domain name asylum category.
 
Doesn't Ebay charge an insertion fee that is based on the starting price of an item? Whenever I see this or the $10 million domain, it baffles me. Isn't the seller paying something to ebay regardless? What am I missing here?
 
Doesn't Ebay charge an insertion fee that is based on the starting price of an item? Whenever I see this or the $10 million domain, it baffles me. Isn't the seller paying something to ebay regardless? What am I missing here?

Once you go over a certain starting price (I think its $25) the listing fee stays the same. It costs only a couple dollars to list for $10,000,000, the same as it costs to list something at $100.
 
He'll get hit with strong fees should anyone be tempted into buying it. However at that price, I'm sure the bubbly will still flow ...
 
Do people do this just to get visitors to their sites? I can't really think of any other reason.

Yes, Azooza, I'm sure he will gladly pay ebay their due if some drunk were to put in a real bid.
 
Actually you're right -- he will get hits which are probably worth the $2 listing fee. As you suggest; if an alco-artist snaps it up, I'm sure he (seller) won't mind stumping up the dues.
 
Check this sellers other domains on the bottom.
Using hyphens again.
Seller must know something we don't?
 
Check this sellers other domains on the bottom.
Using hyphens again.
Seller must know something we don't?
As Duckinla suggests, hits from eBay are cheap -- that must be it.
 
You won't get any kind of PR value from an e-bay link will you? If so, I imagine we would all be doing it.
 
No PR value at all, but a few clicks maybe, for $3 if it gets discussed here :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom