Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

funny press release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

It's a press release, snoopy. You can write anything you want there.

Probably polled the day late dollar short crowd that didn't get a good .com
and see this a second chance at a good impression.
.US could be second only to .com very soon.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US is likely the most successful new extension ever. Within 2 min all the great names were grabbed. Within 24-hrs from rollout most all of the good ones were gone with mostly just marginal value ones left.

Last night I checked zillions of .us names and they were all taken, not one real good one was left. Luckily I managed to grab over 100 thanks to good pre-reg success. :) It was mostly due to the excellent job DirectNic did for me, with no advance payment or fees. Plus, a secret method I used helped too ;)

My new domain extension valuation theory ranks the tld's from best to least valued as follows -

#-1 of course is .com, next the great new .us, then .org, next .net, followed by .biz, next is .info, and all country codes including the way over-priced and over-valued .tv last.

I also rank .US 2nd to the .com but after that I think .net .biz then .org .co.uk .info What does everybody else think?

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I somewhat disagree.

The order goes like this:

1. com (duh)
2. net (still strong, still the 2nd most used after com)
3. org (multiple organisations/non profit co and still going strong)

......now here comes the tricky part...........................:)

The three extensions above have been in use for many many years. One may agrue that if "this" extension (info,biz,whatever) came out at the same time as the golden trio, then things would be different.
maybe....but thats now the case is it? Right now everything else is new and worst yet, unknown to the average internet user.
Every other extension gTlds, ccTlds, altenativeTlds, need a hell of alot of marketing and TIME to even scratch the surface of the mountain that the golden trio reside on.

Look at how much $$$$$$$ .TV spend, how much marketing its done, and what? where is it now?
and what about .CC?

The fact of the matter is this now one will know that 4rth,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th..... ranked extension will be for a While.
but being an ICAAN approved Gtlds (like the golden trio) the .info and .biz have much better chance of being in the top 5. (even outranking one or two of the golden trio tlds).

everything else, in my opinion is just another of many ccTlds, and alternative Tlds, that even though maybe better "fitting" extenions (like the .tv and the altTld .web) will always be looking up at the mountain peak of accepted, known, preferred TLDs.

well that was my 3 cents (gave a cent as a tip)

QualityDomains

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does IE or Netscape (or other browsers even) look further than a .COM, I remeber entering just the name without an extension and IE added .com for me and found the site. Now if they added .net, .org, .biz etc in some sort of order then they may become more popular.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that all depends on the keyword, doesn't it?

microsoft stopped the old "auto add .com" thing a while back.

Nowadays, if what you type is "schemeless" (e.g. no http://) then it gets parsed by msn - if its a keyword then off it goes to realnames, if not then up pops msn's search engine.

Free traffic for m$.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh but that depends of what version of IE you have.

I look at where the internet is used the most. Not all companies are global. But most companies in the .US have websites. Would you say that .ch is worthless? If you live and sell in china do you want a .net? If you live in UK do you want a .org or a .co.uk? .US will be #2 maybe not to the world but in the .US it has a legitimate chance just because so many homes and schools have the internet. NoteBooks are starting to be required in class for collage in the USA.

Just my opinion.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Safesys & Nic
microsoft stopped the old "auto add .com" thing a while back.
Nowadays, if what you type is "schemeless" (e.g. no http://) then it gets parsed by msn - if its a keyword then off it goes to realnames, if not then up pops msn's search engine.

Ahhhh but that depends of what version of IE you have.

Everyone always says only the old Internet Explorer defaulted to the dot-coms, having heard this many times for a long time. :confused:

But, I just purchased a new computer with the latest version of IE on it - 6.0. This version and new PC automatically adds the dot-com but my old PC and IE 5 did not do so.

That's the exact opposite of what most people think or thought, including myself! Isn't that odd?

In fact, this new i.e. 6.0 Version goes to a website using only a type-in name, like 2 words - ' suggestion tool ' for example, and nothing else, no http, no www and no extension needed. Isn't it amazing! :)

Originally posted by RealNames
US is likely the most successful new extension ever. Within 2 min all the great names were grabbed. Within 24-hrs from rollout most all of the good ones were gone with mostly just marginal value ones left.

Yes but who was doing the grabbing? The more names speculators are able to grab the less likely the extension will ever be commonly used IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators