Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Gender and hate speech

dot.us

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was restricted on NP 15-30% because i call a new member on NP dude . Dude is a general term ( at least in my country ) don't matter if is a she , her , me , you , him ...what ever but this new member posted on NP to attack Rob & Epik because they have a "data breach"
Because of that was so frustrated this person & take a print screen with my profile on NP & posted on his twitter account - i think is a violation of privacy or something private to expose my profile on Twitter
This type of persons are born after last rain
This new member on NP turn to be affiliate or at least fan of Antifa group
What Anonymous ( if they are ) hack? From my research a old data base nothing important , i look in to email address list posted on NP ( 24000 emails ) a lot of not valid & also domain names associated with those email address
From my point of view this story is just a hunting on Rob & Epik

PS Just for the record about nazi , anti christian & adult names reg. by me on Epik or listed on Epik marketplace - of this names NOT accepted to be listed or reg. Rob forbidden this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dot.us

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was restricted on NP 15-30% because i call a new member on NP dude . Dude is a general term ( at least in my country ) don't matter if is a she , her , me , you , him ...what ever but this new member posted on NP to attack Rob & Epik because they have a "data breach"
Because of that was so frustrated this person & take a print screen with my profile on NP & posted on his twitter account - i think is a violation of privacy or something private to expose my profile on Twitter
This type of persons are born after last rain
This new member on NP turn to be affiliate or at least fan of Antifa group
What Anonymous ( if they are ) hack? From my research a old data base nothing important , i look in to email address list posted on NP ( 24000 emails ) a lot of not valid & also domain names associated with those email address
From my point of view this story is just a hunting on Rob & Epik

PS Just for the record about nazi , anti christian & adult names reg. by me on Epik or listed on Epik marketplace - of this names NOT accepted to be listed or reg. Rob forbidden this
A..& want to mention this - on this 24000 email list i don't find my emails address with my accounts on Epik ( lol )
And those 500000 keys ( what ever are call ) this hack group don't know what they are ...really are you a hack group or what ? ( lol )

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not believe in hate speech as it cannot be defined.

So, I don't think we'll ever have a rule about misgendering. However, we do have the golden rule of "treat others how you would like to be treated".

If you were in their shoes and were a "she", you would expect someone to respect your belief and call you a "she". Nevertheless, you should still understand that people would make mistakes or not remember this about you and forget from time to time, wherein you could remind them, and others, of your pronouns.

It only gets out of control when you purposefully tell someone that they're not who they say they in every interaction between them, stalk with different reactions to their posts, leave negative feedback, etc. That is not treating someone how you would like to be treated.

Casually going to a thread and saying, "Nice name, dude!" is not something that would be a warnable offense. Though we'd need to look into this further, if you went to all their threads, after being corrected once or twice, calling them "dude" when they respectfully said not to, and gave you alternatives.

dot.us

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well USA & Romania are different cultures but give a example
"Negru" - a lot of english speakers think is offensive well "negru" mean exactly black - literally so when here we say "Negru ala" meaning "That black"
...same thing with "dude" - prietene ( in my language ) . Dude here is: friend , brother etc.. is like on a BBQ meating

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude has the same meaning.

If you went to an introduction thread, I don't think it'd be problematic if you said, "Hey, dude, welcome to DNF!"

I think it only becomes a problem if they include their pronouns in the introduction, you're corrected, and you still continue to call them "dude", with some leniency of course as people are human and can forget if there's space between such interactions.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not believe in hate speech as it cannot be defined.

So, I don't think we'll ever have a rule about misgendering. However, we do have the golden rule of "treat others how you would like to be treated".

If you were in their shoes and were a "she", you would expect someone to respect your belief and call you a "she". Nevertheless, you should still understand that people would make mistakes or not remember this about you and forget from time to time, wherein you could remind them, and others, of your pronouns.
You can't tell if a person is a male or female based on a random pic and made up name. Dude is generic where I come from. My female children call each other "bro".

In liberal culture, victim hood is social currency. Melodramatic claims of comparing speech to violence shouldn't' be tolerated.

There are four lights. There are two genders.

1633792877359.png

It only gets out of control when you purposefully tell someone that they're not who they say they in every interaction between them, stalk with different reactions to their posts, leave negative feedback, etc. That is not treating someone how you would like to be treated.

Casually going to a thread and saying, "Nice name, dude!" is not something that would be a warnable offense. Though we'd need to look into this further, if you went to all their threads, after being corrected once or twice, calling them "dude" when they respectfully said not to, and gave you alternatives.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom