• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Go Daddy offering .CA Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
Hi All,

I wanted to let you guys know we are now offering .CA domain names.

There are a couple of things I want to point out though. We are currently offering new registrations only for .CA domains.

Give us a little bit of time and we will be allowing you to use your current registrant number, perform change of registrants, check .CA domains in bulk and transfer .CA domains to us.

You’ll see a news release going out soon – but I wanted to give you guys the scoop.

Adam Dicker
www.godaddy.com
 
Very nice...but 12.99 is a bit expensive.
 
wholesale last I checked was 8.50
 
Is there a demand for CA at the moment?
 
Do you have to be a resident?
 
Adam,

No sooner do I sign up with someone else to register [.ca] to geo target niche a productive site ... Hopefully you'll allow transfers within the year because I'm using my GoDaddy reseller account for all my domain registration.

Onward,

A [.ca] domains has value if you are doing a Canada specific commerce site and want your buyers to feel you are "in country" rather than some outsider. If you have a niche directory specific to the country, you'll likely see better rankings with a country specific domain.

Your mileage may vary.

Best,

Justin
 
Adam, thx for the heads up, that's great news.

Am looking forward to a good bulk .ca check tool (can't find a good one right now that does more than 10 - 50 names).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom