• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Godaddy and .ca transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

6sons

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
160
Reaction score
6
Has anyone completed a Godaddy registrar/registrant transfer recently? Are they up to it at this point?

Please, I am not looking for old dumps here. Only expressions of very recent experience if any... An account broker tells me that the tech guys say they are up to speed on it now.

Thanks.
 
I transfer my .CA's out of GD regularly....very fast...instant to NamesPro. (I have transferred .CA's out of GD when they are 3 weeks expired.)

I personally would never transfer a .ca into GD.

I do recall that they now seem to have an extra step when reg'ing a name.
This never used to happened before. You agreed in the reg process. This may be the step that properly changes the registrant info. I can't say for sure though.
In order to complete your registration, you must view and accept the CIRA Registrant Agreement.

To view the CIRA Registrant Agreement, go to https://services.cira.ca/agree/.

You will be prompted to enter your Contact ID for this domain.
Contact ID: ********
 
Last edited:
I transfered a .ca earlier this year into GD with no problems at all.
 
I transfered a .ca earlier this year into GD with no problems at all.

Was it a transfer to another registrant at the same time? In other words a simultaneous registrar/registrant transfer? or just a simple transfer from one registrar to another (them)? and still in your name.? Thanks.
 
I have never had a transfer go through...100% correct for both a registrar and registrant while going into godaddy. 60days later i'm fixing whois....

last time I tried was like 2months ago. if this is fixed I would like to know as well.


*(I know I hate saying it) sometimes...I miss that old crazy double separate registrar and registrant transfer system Cira had. :frusty:


seriously I use namespro :yo:
 
OK....I just sold a name and they transferred it to G D. At the completion of the transfer I got 2 emails from CIRA...one saying the domain had been transferred to a new registrar and the other showed updated info with me as the current registrant and me as the "new information".
The name is in their account but I am pretty sure it will still be in my name. It is really quite confusing...and a little unsettling.
Seems like same old, same old.


Was it a transfer to another registrant at the same time? In other words a simultaneous registrar/registrant transfer? or just a simple transfer from one registrar to another (them)? and still in your name.? Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I have a case like that too, my name still attached to the domain.

By now Godaddy seems to have figured out how to get .ca's in and out of their accounts.
 
You would think would have figured it out.....but apparently they haven't. I am referring to a sale I made yesterday.

...and this has been going on for quite some time now.
 
Update - Yesterday Godaddy successfully performed a simultaneous registrar/registrant transfer for our sale of flight.ca.

My suggestion is that buyers/sellers bring attention to the nuance. I also used an example that jaydub provided about a previous attempt at rar/rant. Further, I brought the appropriate people from executive accounts into the matter and was assured of being paid out either way. As to the sale price I am waiting on clarification for disclosure which at this point I have only verbally.

Thanks for the input that was specific to the question.
 
I takes a little while before you can change the ownership on the name when transferring into godaddy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom