Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Godaddy Promote Code 35% OFF

Domain Summit 2024

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been using these codes for years, but they now seem to be cracking down on non-US users of these codes.

I click the payment button and get the message:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your purchase using this form of payment. Please utilize another form of payment, or contact (480) 505-8855 for further assistance."

I get the same message on all the currently valid codes, even after switching on a US VPN and changing browsers.

It really sucks because these codes are the only reason I haven't bothered moving my portfolio elsewhere yet.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A "form of payment" is not the same thing as a coupon code or promotion code. But maybe that's just them being lazy with error messages.

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These two worked for me

cjcFW199s Register one new .com or transfer one .com for $1.99 + ICANN fees

gofay031 Register one new .com or transfer one .com for $0.99 + ICANN fees

EffectiveNames.com

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A "form of payment" is not the same thing as a coupon code or promotion code. But maybe that's just them being lazy with error messages.

No, all coupons restrict the form of payment you can use, because they are already taking a financial hit on the promotional offer and would lose even more money on a PayPal transaction - if you enter a code into the card and then move forward to the payment page, you'll notice that the PayPal option and, usually, the option to use stored credit are gone, only the credit card and cheque option remain.

In this case, non-US buyers have the option to select credit card but the transaction fails, giving the error message I pasted in my above post.

I tested using a UK-specific token and the transaction, using the same card, went through without a hitch, which I reckon is sufficient confirmation that it is not being rejected by the bank but, rather, that Godaddy have introduced some sort of last-second location check, probably the country of the card's issuing bank.

Sadly, the UK offers aren't as good as the US ones, so, if anyone finds a workaround, please let us know. Perhaps there is some sort of prepaid, disposable US visa card I could purchase online?

These two worked for me

cjcFW199s Register one new .com or transfer one .com for $1.99 + ICANN fees

gofay031 Register one new .com or transfer one .com for $0.99 + ICANN fees

cjcFW199s worked fine for me but the non-US restriction kicked in on gofay031, thanks for posting them.

Last edited:

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gofac085 - Register 3 new .com domains or transfer 3 .com domains for $0.99 each + ICANN fee

linux295 - Register 3 new .com domains or transfer 3 .com domains for $2.95 each + ICANN fee

webadresim

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gofbin08
1.99 x 3

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
New .COM registration with FREE privacy, only $3.99 USD! (not region locked!)

cjc399pf

*Plus ICANN fee of $0.18 per domain name per year. $3.99 price good for the first year of one new .COM per customer; not valid for transfers or renewals. Additional years or .COMs may be purchased for $9.99 per year. Free privacy offer valid for entire initial registration term of the domain name. When the domain name renews, each year of private registration will renew at the regular rates in effect at the time of renewal. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Customers may not use gift cards, PayPal, In-Store Credit or AliPay to redeem this offer. Your discount will be applied in your shopping cart.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any codes for .ca ???

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any codes for .ca ???

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators