• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Good Corneal Surgeon: Calling on USA Dnf members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridge

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
20
First of all I apologize if this is inappropriate.

I live in Canada I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with an eye disease when I was 18 called keretoconus, I only have it in one eye as of yet and it is very sever.

I Need a Corneal Transplant but because of free health care in Canada I’ve been left in the dirt. The disease has progressed so much that my eye is blackening, I can’t see much only blurred shapes, and it’s causing me daily headaches and occasionally migraines. I have been sent to multiple dr.s all who have something different to say. Infact by one of them I was told there is no surgery for my condition. I’ve been waiting to see a specialist for almost a year now with no appointment booked in the near future, once I actually have the appointment im looking at a minimum 3 year wait before the surgery. Infact in Vancouver there is a 450 person waiting list for this procedure.

I don’t have the option to pay for the surgery here in Canada to get it done faster so I can get on with my life. I’m willing to travel abroad to get it done which is why im making this post.

I’m calling on anyway that might be able to refer me or point me in the direction of a good eye surgeon for a corneal transplant. Maybe someone has a family member with a similar problem or had it themselves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
I have no personal experience, but I was once told by an Indian guy I used to know through a previous job, that it was very cheap to get surgery done in India.

Whenever he or his family needed any sort of surgery or dental work, he'd book a couple weeks vacation over there and get it done. Cost was peanuts compared to UK - even with the flights. The quality of work was regarded as being very high too.

Sorry can't give any specific leads, but hope it helps to narrow your search - good luck.
 
Bump, the india option might be something to consider, my son had it done 20 years ago in usa and it cost over 30k i dont no the price now, my sons surgeon has retired sorry i cant help you there, there are a couple other countries that are competitng with india for major surgery as a business, and i hear they are quiete good also
wish you the best
Joe
 
Andrew, maybe you should take a look at The National Keratoconus Foundation http://www.nkcf.org/

Are you currently wearing contact lenses?
 
Andrew, maybe you should take a look at The National Keratoconus Foundation http://www.nkcf.org/

Are you currently wearing contact lenses?

Tried the Ridgid Contact Lense route when i was 21, and again recently these past few months. I have no luck with it. I cant get a good fit because of how the cornea is deforming. Hopefully ill be getting a call this week to go test the 5th or 6th lense in the last 1.5 months.

But really, Im done with the ridgid contact route. right now all im hoping for is a bandaid until the surgery. im 27 got lots of years ahead of me (hopefully). Im ready to pay for the surgery and move on.


Thanks for the advice everyone, Really im only willing to go to the united states to a well established surgeron with a good reputation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom