Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Good faith or Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominata

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Domain name being used in good faith in wich the website in no way remotely depicts products or services that a "similar" trademarked name represents.
The company that this name is "similar" to is in another country let us say the U.K.
Could putting a clip in a prominent place on the website "BUY PRODUCTS MADE IN U.S.A." be considered bad faith as long as there is no mention to the products or services?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to put that statement? In my opinion it won't help your sales any and could be viewed as antagonistic to this "UK" based company. Why tempt fate?

Your description of the situation is a little vague. It might help to give a good analogy about the types of products and how different they are, etc.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Very vague!
Remember, YOUR interpretation of "good faith" could very well differ extensively from that of the potential complainant ... especially with regard to any "commercial" activity.
I would recommend providing more specific examples of these types of products, as 2gajgops has suggested, as well as the domain name for the legal experts to assess fairly.
Good Luck.

PS. I ain't no lawyer! ;)

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
These days it is difficult to find products that are wholly made in one country. Saying "made in the USA" may leave you open to attack from people who feel it should have said "assembled in the USA".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom