Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

good lord, what's up with all the rudeness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one of those days eh???
the thread started out great IMO, with a simple observation. Wether I agree with it or not doesnt matter.
I am still scratching my head to find out when/where/why and If something went terribly wrong.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
one of those days eh???
the thread started out great IMO, with a simple observation. Wether I agree with it or not doesnt matter.
I am still scratching my head to find out when/where/why and If something went terribly wrong.

It was great; and was followed up by a couple other great posts that have been ducked, dodged and avoided by Mods eversince I have been a member here. For over a year I have been courteous to others, all the while biting my tongue, while some get a free pass to be complete jerks to others for no other reason than their "omnipotence" in the domain industry. A post starts up like this every few weeks about certain (same) individuals and either gets ignored or deleted. Why? There are great players in this biz, that are friendly and very helpful that have huge portfolios and continue to assist those in need on this forum, but there are still those few on this forum that cast a shadow over it through their arrogance and comments, who get to carry on their antics when someone without such a portfolio would have been booted long ago.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to be to crude but it's not the size of your portfolio that counts but how well you develop it!

;)

-=DCG=-

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two days before this thread began, a newbie ("scorpio") got throughly razzed in a thread he posted regarding an extremely important domain. He sincerely--and innocently!--believed then that he had successfully registered sex.co.uk--at registerfly of all places!--and he then immediately offered it for sale here in the Adult Forum. Some guys were heckling him so badly, that you really had to feel sorry for him, for his naivete; some guys were anxiously trying to close the deal, just in case; some guys were just laughing their asses off, and some guys were sympathetic and understanding, letting him know that they themselves had experienced similar heartbreaks!!

I've been thinking all this time about what it must have felt like when the registration of the name went through and realize now that he did absolutely nothing wrong by immediately putting it up for sale (for a ridiculously low price I might add!!) Can you imagine what a young fellow in India--anywhere for that matter!--must have felt like registering sex.co.uk, the absolute thrill of it all, knowing full well that the name was worth a good deal of money and that it probably would sell in a matter of minutes!!

It takes all kinds and this forum's got plenty of 'em.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Hey beach, please feel free to ask for my credentials if I call you rude. There is a fine line between a wimp and a domainer. Sure, I have had many 'request to buy' emails unanswered in my 5 years in domaining. Do I think they are rude? No, its just the nature of things which I have to learnt to accept.

Does anyone owe you a living? Frankly, no. What has PayMaster7 done for the community. Ziltch. Just do a search of his posts.

The worst members I have encountered on this forum are those who think the "community" (whatever that is) owes them respect and politeness just because they paid $50 bucks to be a member. Go join the church or Al Kaeda if you want politeness, for christ sake.

I was right about Paymaster (whatever), I deliberated drew his true colors out and like clockwork, he cracked. If you want to insult a community, go ahead. But be prepared to take the consequences. Simple.
I believe that respect is not something that is earned. Everyone deserves respect, however some people, through their actions, lose it.

The fact that you targetted this paymaster guy (I have no idea who he is, but that shouldn't matter), and then had the gall to say he should state his 'credentials' (whatever that is supposed be), when you yourself don't do the same, grates on my nerves.

A little more politeness and less arrogance would go a long way, not just on this forum, and the theory that just because you regged a domain in 1996 gives you a God-given right to belittle the newbies doesn't cut it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wm. M. said:
....He sincerely--and innocently!--believed then that he had successfully registered sex.co.uk.

I can't access adult as my birth date is not there. Why did he think he had successfully reg'd the name anyway, just wondering? Why was he harassed over it? Can not access that thread to see why.

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If any new users are reading this, heres a tip to rudeness... just ignore it.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Privacy only means you have something to hide. I agree, ignore stupidity.

M

mole

Beachie said:
I believe that respect is not something that is earned. Everyone deserves respect, however some people, through their actions, lose it.

The fact that you targetted this paymaster guy (I have no idea who he is, but that shouldn't matter), and then had the gaul to say he should state his 'credentials' (whatever that is supposed be), when you yourself don't do the same, grates on my nerves.

A little more politeness and less arrogance would go a long way, not just on this forum, and the theory that just because you regged a domain in 1996 gives you a God-given right to belittle the newbies doesn't cut it.

I guess you still don't get the point, beach. Please read the first post of this thread again. This is probably one of the most innocent but insulting and sarcastic thread starters I have read in many months. Good lord .... maybe I should take a big chilly pill.

You can chose to call it "good intentions" if you like, and if you chose not to see it for what it is i.e. carpet slamming this forum and members for rudeness with a greater than thou attitude, then it is purely your choice and I can respect that.

I think otherwise.

As I said, if you want to insinuate bad things about members here, be prepared to face the flack.

As for credentials i.e. credibility, I have long chosen to be a non entity that exists only in your virtual mind. Which is why I don't go around calling the community rude. However, I make no bones about calling .COM stupid :party:

Qualify clearly before you carpet insinuate. Better still, PM. I don't mind if paymaster7 said Blink was rude. Blink would have just punched him in the face without a second glance and thought and moved on :-D

You call me a hypocrite, do I jump on you? Nah, why bother? You call this community and forum rude WITHOUT offering any constructive solutions, yeah maybe I'll grab you by the balls and squeeze the molecules out.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I guess you still don't get the point, beach. Please read the first post of this thread again. This is probably one of the most innocent but insulting and sarcastic thread starters I have read in many months. Good lord .... maybe I should take a big chilly pill.

You can chose to call it "good intentions" if you like, and if you chose not to see it for what it is i.e. carpet slamming this forum and members for rudeness with a greater than thou attitude, then it is purely your choice and I can respect that.

I think otherwise.

As I said, if you want to insinuate bad things about members here, be prepared to face the flack.

As for credentials i.e. credibility, I have long chosen to be a non entity that exists only in your virtual mind. Which is why I don't go around calling the community rude. However, I make no bones about calling .COM stupid :party:

Qualify clearly before you carpet insinuate. Better still, PM. I don't mind if paymaster7 said Blink was rude. Blink would have just punched him in the face without a second glance and thought and moved on :-D

You call me a hypocrite, do I jump on you? Nah, why bother? You call this community and forum rude WITHOUT offering any constructive solutions, yeah maybe I'll grab you by the balls and squeeze the molecules out.
I still don't get 'it', and yes, I even went to the effort of reading the post again in case I missed some vital information. Seems to me like a relatively new member making observations about the domain industry. Observations which, as a relatively seasoned domainer, I tend to agree with. I'm hard pressed to spot the sarcasm you mentioned, or the direct critisism of this forum.

adutopia.com

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole you make no sense to me. I have been following this post. You have yet to answer any questions. You keep on talking about credentials. Yet you have not produced any.

So please give me your credentials.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole has been for my one of the most respected members here. For some reason, I generally agree with his posts over the past year or so. Everytime he starts he thread, I make sure to read it.
His posts in this thread however has made me wonder about many things, including the possibility that his account has been hijacked and is being used by someone else. That's how much deviation I see from the usual mole I got to know from this forum to the threads here. Anyhow, i still think he is very knowledgeable in many areas, and I always liked the humor he usually uses in his posts. But in this thread, its almost like another personality. It's not the agreeing or disagreeing about the thread (personally I dont agree with quite a few points made in the first post), its the method used to express this disagreement by mole that is confusing.
Just doesnt make sense.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree 100%. In the past his posts were legit and straightforward, it's like he ate a retard sandwich on this one though.

If Scorpio made that mistake by regging the .co.uk in another thread...good....because I did too, when I first became a member here. RegFly allowed me to reg aa.co.uk and I thought I was in the $$$ too. I posted it for appraisal here, and got polite responses and inquiries, which helped me greatly....not ridicule.

Don't start jumping on someone you don't know right away, because you don't know how each individual will take it. Some have tough skin...others have thin. We really don't want to alienate anyone because I am sure that they help us out in one way or another one day....you never know!

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paymaster7 said:
...Feel free to respond with any thoughts, comments. Cheers,
John

Don't worry, even the owner of this forum doesn't bother to respond to his PM's, even when asked a specific question.

That gives you a pretty good idea what to expect around here, and what kind of "culture" is promoted from the top on down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators