• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

GoodLuckDomain.in-think TWICE before using them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Bending
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
0
If you didn't know already, GoodLuckDomain.in does NOT use SSL for sensitive details, like credit card info!!!
According to the banking laws in India , it is illegal to do that and they can be shut down.
But that is not your biggest problem if you used them.
Never, under any circumstances, offer your CC details over an unencrypted (unsecure) connection.
If you already did that, I strongly recommend you to cancel your CC immediatelly.
DO NOT think that "this may never happen to me".
 
I used them to register 5 domain names. They have billed me 15 times, 3 times for each name. I have emailed the goodluckdomain support yet to hear back from them. I will not recommend them at all!!!
 
I got a call from the CEO of Goodluckdomain saying they are installing an SSL certificate and looking into duplicate billing. The support was fast. Although I cancelled my credit card due to SSL issue, I am relieved that goodluckdomain is a legitimate site.
 
I have 100+ domaisn with goodluckdomains. and There customer support is real cool for me atleast. SSL May be a issue , but i pay cheque or cash so did not face the same problem.
It a small company with few employess and if u call them u can directly talk to there CEO..
 
I added a domain to my cart that was taken 4 minutes prior. They still billed for the full transaction. So they basically owe me $16. You only get emails for each successful domain and not for the full transaction.
 
IT Web Team said:
If you didn't know already, GoodLuckDomain.in does NOT use SSL for sensitive details, like credit card info!!!
According to the banking laws in India , it is illegal to do that and they can be shut down.
But that is not your biggest problem if you used them.
Never, under any circumstances, offer your CC details over an unencrypted (unsecure) connection.
If you already did that, I strongly recommend you to cancel your CC immediatelly.
DO NOT think that "this may never happen to me".
How should I cancel my CC immediatelly in goodluckdomain.in?
 
Why do you think they call themselves Good Luck! Good luck to your cc!
 
How should I cancel my CC immediatelly in goodluckdomain.in?
If you have submitted your credit card information to goodluckdomain over a non SSL channel, I would suggest cancel your credit card immediately. Call up your bank and ask them to block the card.

DO NOT think that "this may never happen to me".
I second that!!!
 
scorpio said:
It a small company with few employess and if u call them u can directly talk to there CEO..

How about Directi, are they a small company too?
 
you should directi, they are official .in accredidated registrar.
 
i reged 4 domain is there any problem, have you canceled your card?
 
How about Directi, are they a small company too?
Directi has 18337 Resellers & 526386 Customers in 232 Countries ;) However their system is a bit buggy at times. They accept paypal, credit card (over SSL), wire transfers etc. I have around 30 .IN names with them. Phone support is excellent :)
i reged 4 domain is there any problem, have you canceled your card?
If I were you, I would have blocked my card :)
 
and if you block your card , wont you loose the 4 names..
 
Blocking a card is different from a chargeback. When you block your card, the bank will not honour future transactions on the card. You get a replacement card and are protected from any fraudulent use of the old card in future. Its as good as reporting a card "lost".
 
ah Thanks for the info manish...
 
I have now transferred over 200 of my names to Good Luck Domains - yes, they didn't begin with SSL in 2004, but they fixed that quickly (in early '05). Their prices are very affordable and I get exceptional service from them. I get call backs, and someone real picks up the phone when you call them - very few registrars offer full service. They're .IN and ICANN accredited (I checked).

As a reseller, I have been approached by many other Indian registrars, but I worry about their ethics. One of their competitors (net4.in) has questionable ethics and has tried for over a year now to get my business by badmouthing Good Luck and trying to scare me.

DirectI is not bad, but they can't be bothered to answer the phone, and they give lots of canned answers that don't answer my questions. However, I like Good Luck's responsiveness to me and their willingness to match price.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom