• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Google or Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertos

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
5
Which advertising program is better?
 
I think google is better

Didn't u say in another thread that Yahoo declined your application & hence you cannot compare the two ;)
 
Are you talking about advertising your site(s) or placing PPC ads on your site(s)?
 
For web publishing or spending on PPC?
 
Yahoo is always performs better for my websites to appear in premium positions (for the same keywords) somehow, so i started liking yahoo for that

..thought my homepage setup for google :(:veryangry:
 
I presume yahoo for eastern market and google for western market.Take your choice !
 
why u presume yahoo is for eastern market and google for western? me and my websites are based in uk

I think you misunderstood. We're talking about advertising networks here. YPN is way better than Adsense.
 
How can you say it is way better?
What if all of my traffic is from Sweden? Then YPN doesnt pay anything.

I use both as well as CB, adbrite, cj etc etc.

I work through the different programs until I find the one that monetizes the best.

One is not better than the other. On 4 of my sites YPN pays less than Adsense. On 2 others YPN paid more at the beginning but I am changing them back tonight as the EPC went WAY down the past few days.

Try out each and see what works best for you. No one here can tell you absolutely which is better they can only give you their opinions based on their sites performance which may be a completely different genre than yours.

GL
 
Didn't u say in another thread that Yahoo declined your application & hence you cannot compare the two ;)

No I did not mean like that. I choose google because google especially adwords is easy to set up and I can use my country currency to use adwords service.
 
Is YPN still only for americans or now anyone from any country can apply for an account (like Google adsense)???
 
Is YPN still only for americans or now anyone from any country can apply for an account (like Google adsense)???

From YPN invite application:

Participants of the program must have a valid U.S. Social Security or Tax ID number, and web site content that is predominantly in English and targeted at a U.S. user base.
 
From YPN invite application: Participants of the program must have a valid U.S. Social Security or Tax ID number, and web site content that is predominantly in English and targeted at a U.S. user base.

Translation: everyone with an English language website targeting the U.S. can apply - just set up US company first if you don't have a Social Security Number of Tax ID yourself. An LLC will do just fine, 100$ to set up. A little more if you need a trustee to fill in the form to get the Federal Tax ID.

Anyway, taking into account all these hotheads who might suddenly sue you for no apparent reason, I would be very hesitant to do business in my own name these days. I have a U.S. taxpayer ID (as a person), but I still prefer to use a company for YPN - or any other business.

Since I'm at it - for all those who scream about TOS when someone is "selling a YPN account": yes, you're not allowed to sell a YPN account. But Yahoo will not prohibit you from selling your company which owns a YPN account. The YPN account is never sold, but the beneficial owner changes - in full compliance with Yahoo TOS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom