• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Got my first sedo offer, should I auction or try to negociate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanders47

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, well I got my first offer on a domain I have listed at sedo: omuch(.)com The offer is 70euros which I think is pretty good, except of course that sedo is going to take 50 of those euros! I do want to sell, so I guess I have three options:

1) take the 70 euros and run
2) try to negociate up the price
3) go for a sedo auction

I'm not really sure if this domain name would get a lot of attention, so maybe it isn't a great idea to try for an auction?

I do think omuch(.)com is a pretty cool name (I like to link of it as "O Much?"
:blush: ), definetly great for the right type of business. Not sure if it would be much of a feeding frenzy though, and maybe I could do better by negociating. Aack, I need help!
 
Hi guys, well I got my first offer on a domain I have listed at sedo: omuch.com The offer is 70euros which I think is pretty good, except of course that sedo is going to take 50 of those euros! I do want to sell, so I guess I have three options:

1) take the 70 euros and run
2) try to negociate up the price
3) go for a sedo auction

I'm not really sure if this domain name would get a lot of attention, so maybe it isn't a great idea to try for an auction?

I do think omuch.com is a pretty cool name (I like to link of it as "O Much?"
:blush: ), definetly great for the right type of business. Not sure if it would be much of a feeding frenzy though, and maybe I could do better by negociating. Aack, I need help!
Sedo will take 7 of those euros. 10%.
 
Unless I am mistaken (I hope I am!!) they always take a minimum of 50.
 
Prior to you receiving the offer had the domain had any visitors? If so then the 10% rule should apply.

On the offer notification for the offer it should have stated what the commission was.
 
The offer says they are taking 50 euros :(

What do you mean by the domain having visitors?

Oh, I think I have figured it out, I don't have that particular domain parked at sedo... man! $50 euros is a huge commission on such a small sale :/
 
50 EUROS???

Is the domain actually parked at Sedo or just listed for sale on Sedo?

If it is parked, it will have visitors (perhaps).

50 euros is way too much to give sedo. That is nearly 75 USD.
 
'Visitors' = people typing in your domain name and seeing the parked page. (Have you got the domain parked at Sedo?)

If you received no visitors then I think the rule is 50 Euro minimum.

Anyway, back to the original question. The choice is yours but you can counter-offer the prospective buyer but you risk them not responding and loosing the sale for the offer you have is no longer binding on the offeror!
 
Don't have the domain at sedo... I had no idea that I needed to in order to not pay the high minimum. I think in the future, I will keep all of my domains parked there.

It sounds like I should go for the auction, that way I will definetly make the sale at 70 at least right? I think I would be okay with making only 20 euros, although it is very painful knowing that somebody was willing to pay 70!
 
sedo took 10% from me for one $70 sale
that means $7
 
SEDO will take 10% with minimum $50 if your domain is NOT parked with them. If your domain is parked with them at the time when the bid occurred then the $50 minimum does not apply
 
Why sell and get only 20 euros? You might get more with the auction, but that is the risk you take. Why not counter with what you want for the domain?
 
I would counter back with 3-5x the initial offer. If you have a serious buyer, they may just take it without further negotiation.
 
If the domain is a general term then take it to auction (you should get more bids). If, however, it is a specific term then counter with twice the bid and settle for in between.
 
If you park it, they will only take 10%. I just did a $425 deal and they are taking $43.
 
Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the advice... I have great news, I switched my parking to sedo and whereas yesterday it said they would take 50 euros, today that amount has changed to 7 euros. :)

Qooster - I like your advice, do you think that the domain 'omuch(.)com' is a general or specific term?
 
It's brandable or typo of "somuch.com".

If you feel that you are satisfied with the offer, auction off. Why not!
 
Okay I decided to go with the auction! Thanks for all your help :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom