• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Grabbing a deleted domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom K.

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
1,020
Reaction score
70
Hi,

A name I am interested in will be deleted in a few weeks.

After reading some bad experiences with backordering and how the individuals regreted it, I am looking for advice as to the best steps to take in order to have the best chance of grabbing it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
 
First you need to identify who the registrar is...than we can help you further.
 
It's Network Solutions.
 
Oh, good. I've signed up with them. Thanks.
 
If it's a decent name...get ready to pay...there are people who bid up each name easily into the $xxxx range.

I would order the name and then wait until about 10 min. befor the auction ends and see who is in the bidding. At this point is when I would go for the name...just a caution, get ready to pay double or triple what you could have dreamt it would cost. I hope I am wrong, but it happened to me the first couple of times I used snap names.

It's a good service, but they have a monopoly on all netsol deleting names.
 
Well, all the extensions of the name are registered. But checking them out all seem to be small time. Hope you are wrong. We will see.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you sharing your personal experience, Onward.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom