Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Hacker Threads - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's also possible the hacker is working on DNF as I see odd things. For example, when clicking on some newer threads I am told the thread does not exist but it really does exist as I just looked at it earlier and it is there. A few other oddities have also been encountered, including very s--l--o--w loading of some parkingsite pages.

paulrogers250 said:
He said to me ******** is down, Hes working on Domainstate.com and then Webhostingtalk

So is -RJ- not telling the truth about being down for maintanance, or is that perhaps a canned response coming direct from the server due to the problem with the site?

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well RJ would rather say Under maintenance than put visitors off by saying they have been hacked. Would you tell your visitors you have been hacked, Worry them about there information being out there? Its best to tell people once the problem is sorted, Or better yet deny being hacked and dont give him credit

I hope DNF doesnt go down, I have warned them over at WHT about him.

I just wish he would pick on Google or Microsoft, He wouldnt get away with it then

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How can this be stopped? Block all Iranian IPs and he'll just proxy.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a good idea right now to agree on a chat room somewhere where we all can meet (to talk about this situation and other stuff) in case the forum(s) do(es) get hacked?

And:
Happy Birthday, Ron!
And I hope you and yours are having a good time.

V

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am currently on the road (moving my daughter in at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia). Just got on the internet for the first time since Saturday and learned of this (had expected to be on last night when we arrived but my hotel is having a big problem with their wireless network. Just got on tonight through a DSL connection in their Club Room). I have a complete current back up of DNJournal but cannot access it from the road and will not be back home until Sunday. Whoever did this displayed perfect timing, catching me out of town. I will start looking into what I can do from here. I was going to write the new sales column from Philly tonight but since this is a priority now, I will probably have to postpone the sales report until next week and combine both weeks in one report when everything is fixed.

Thanks for all of your good wishes and any suggestions on what I might be able to do from here. I am going to have limited time as Penn has a full schedule of activities for incoming students and parents this week and being a part of that with my daughter is my top priority. Everything else will be fixed but I cannot get this special time with her back.

stevey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all you have to do is wait for him to try again and do a trace route back to his pc, script kiddies think proxies hide them, but you can trace people through proxies, if he is in a country that doesnt do anything about hackers then you just fight fire with fire and you can drop his pc in a mater of seconds, his most likely a sad person with no friends and no life and the only way he can make himself feel special is by searching google for simple scripts to hack website, which any MUPPET can do, i have gone against such script kiddies in the past and they end up going crying to there mommies with burnt fingers

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainQuay said:
I agree with aboutwhat.

It seems reasonable to assume that any identifying info he gave would be of the "red herring" type -
clues designed to mislead you.
Exactly!!
Reading the text of the web page it seems obvious to me that he/she is an English speaking person with no knowledge of other languages at all.
The text indicates it is just someone pretending to have limited skills in English

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm NP now looks like they are trying to get back up:

"Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.
"

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Getting " Welcome Site/User Administrator" from NP now.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmm, the favicon for NP still works, but their site is down...

this tells me that the content based areas of that site were targeted...leads me to believe NP was hacked, no matter what the Mods or Admins there might say

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good that your site is safe, I hope you can get that message off soon. Good luck.

Duke said:
Hi everyone. I am currently on the road (moving my daughter in at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia). Just got on the internet for the first time since Saturday and learned of this (had expected to be on last night when we arrived but my hotel is having a big problem with their wireless network. Just got on tonight through a DSL connection in their Club Room). I have a complete current back up of DNJournal but cannot access it from the road and will not be back home until Sunday. Whoever did this displayed perfect timing, catching me out of town. I will start looking into what I can do from here. I was going to write the new sales column from Philly tonight but since this is a priority now, I will probably have to postpone the sales report until next week and combine both weeks in one report when everything is fixed.

Thanks for all of your good wishes and any suggestions on what I might be able to do from here. I am going to have limited time as Penn has a full schedule of activities for incoming students and parents this week and being a part of that with my daughter is my top priority. Everything else will be fixed but I cannot get this special time with her back.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dnjournal2005 is currently not in your Messenger List.
Add to your Messenger List (Ctrl+Shift+A) Report as Spam (Alt+Shift+R)

dnjournal2005: Deleted.com cooming soon
BUZZ!!!

lol, I'm not responding to your insults

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
www.dnjournal.com is back!!
Thanks Duke

Thanks Joe. Though I am on the road and away from my own backup files I was able to reach my host and they restored the site from their backup. I'll look into this matter more closely when I get back home. Our email was also down so I have to gather our sales data from our contributors again, so it looks like I will have to postpone tonite's report and combine it with next week's data in the next report a week from tonite.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
Thanks Joe. Though I am on the road and away from my own backup files I was able to reach my host and they restored the site from their backup. I'll look into this matter more closely when I get back home. Our email was also down so I have to gather our sales data from our contributors again, so it looks like I will have to postpone tonite's report and combine it with next week's data in the next report a week from tonite.
Duke

Take your time.. take care of your family.. we can wait for the next big installment. These things happen.. just make sure you change all the passwords on your CPANEL.

Take Care and glad to see your still with us :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E-Promote said:
Duke, definitely let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out.

Domainut, please do the same, our prayers are with you my man.
same here

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doesn't look good for NP...

"Dear NamePr0s members,

Sorry I'm running late, but am working hard to reopen the site as soon as possible. Our database had a major problem and it is taking longer than expected to transfer and restore from the backup. Full explanation to come."

Sincerely,
-RJ-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators