• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Has anyone bought any typo's by mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

packeted

DNF Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
435
Reaction score
0
Well I found myself in the stupid situation of having bought a typo unknowingly for a fair amount of money the other day. I put in an offer for the domain through Sedo, I must have typo'ed the domain I was looking for at the time.

A counter-offer came through for $1,000 and being mildly dyslexic and very stupid I didn't even realise I'd typoed it - I could hardly believe my luck. I accepted immediately and paid up promptly.

After nearly two months of failed transfer of the domain "DOWNLOADED.COM" to my account I suddenly realised the domain I had bought was missing the N!

I guess if it's too good to be true it usually is! Live and learn!
I'll keep an eye on the traffic for my new typo, but I'm not too optimistic!
 
similar things happened to me couple of times...I was extatic during a landrush last year...until I realised my mistake :D
 
I recently picked up a "gem" that had dropped and I was so surprised that no one else was bidding on it! I was so happy to get it for so cheap, I thought that my luck was never better.... until I realized it was a typo... :upset:
 
Yeah, remodeling.com....


or so I thought.

It was remodleing.com

doh
 
yeah, i did that once. i was mistaken in thinking the term was hdvd and not hddvd.
 
Yup, just recently...cocoon.mobi...that would have been great!

I got cacoon.mobi. :doh:

It is a dictionary word but not what I wanted...a good typo.

Off topic...

Our hearts and prayers go out to the shooting victims, the injured, and the families of the tragic Virginia Tech tragedy.

I have visited that beautiful campus and town hundreds of times.

Tragic, tragic, tragic...any loss of innocent life at the hands of someone else is tragic.
 
1. an old one - in a hurry and forgot it should have 3 l's baseballeague.com
2. wondered why no one was bidding on it: buildweath.com (wealth, oops!) -
 
I buy typos on purpose :smile:
 
anyone selling any good ones? :ok:
 
I've done the same thing, but thankfully it wasn't through Sedo, I have just registered things that were typos and then got my money back when I realized my mistake.
 
Think of it as a $1000 lesson, I'm sure you'll spell check every domain you buy for this point forward.

I backordered a $60 domain not knowing it was a mispell, when I saw there were no other bidders for this great domain, that's when I saw it!....needless to say, it never happened again :no:
 
sexualharrassment.info

Looked alright to me, but its harassment not harrassment. Luckily many others make that typo so I developed it and it was added to the yahoo directory and a yahoo news group so all is well.
 
years ago I bought morobay.com while forgetting it is spelled morro

late night domain shopping can do that though ;)
 
I just regged 300 typos today. oops :).
 
mildly dyslexic and very stupid
Well, yes...several over the years. Feel like a dunce afterwards.

Purchased GotThat.com thinking about a reseller's site. Didn't much at all and thought this had potential. When I was ready to work on my Got That Dot Com site, I couldn't find the domain in my account.

I was sure I got it and it had been transferred. When I did a search, this is what I found;

gothat.com.

Ain't that a pisser. I have GoThat or GotHat. Could do a "got milk?" thing.

Got Hat? stupid, plain ol' stupid

Never paid much for any. Perhaps regged a ton of them thinking I had found a gem.

samething,
psst...two words ;)

My most recent boner...regged a name that I was thrilled about for developing and nurturing and promoting .mobi...I was shocked cacoon.mobi was still available. What a beautiful and so appropriate name...from a larvae (developing stages) evolving into a beautiful butterfly.

Man, I was so lucky. Made an announcement and was telling everyone what I was going to do. :doh:
 
I am still a virgin in terms of Typo's :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom