• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Have you datamining tools become useless lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
0
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that pretty much every tool has become uselesss since the Google Dump. I assume it's due to them changing something on their end. But, it seems that not only have the tools become useless but even going to google themselves and trying to get linkpop doesn't even work accurately most of the time. It also looks like Yahoo has pretty much stomped this out aswell. MSN you can still get something showing links on but you have to do each name manually and they don't have nearly as many sites indexed as the big G.. Seems strange that this all happened around the same time. Are they trying to throw a stick in our wheels?

Anyone have a desktop or web-based tool that is still useful?
 
I use Domain Research Tool and it works perfectly. You have any example of tools that do not work properly anymore?
 
I've been considering taking the leap and getting it. But, if from what I'm seeing continues even it will be pretty much useless.
 
jdk said:
I use Domain Research Tool and it works perfectly. You have any example of tools that do not work properly anymore?

Where could I find more info about the Domain Reseach Tool?
 
mistermouse63 said:
Where could I find more info about the Domain Reseach Tool?

Check the link in his sig
 
the tools i use still work fine

i use a wrench from one site and a screwdriver from another

get some duct tape out of another spot and wrap them up together



...but it all depends on what you're searching for :)
 
Yeah it seems all my wrenches and screw drivers have become rusty all at once. lol I guess I should be use to it by now. Get comfortable too long in this business and somehow, someway or someone makes you do a 360..
 
Thanks NameMogul. Yes, mistermouse63 the link for the special price is in my sig and on their site you can obtain all the details regarding DRT, including a working demo.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom