• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Have you ever register a typo by mistake ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
I guess domainers with thousands have done some day in a hurry.
But have you done that in an auction !? I did ..... :peace:

It was a lame name with more than 10 characters, but I wanted it. When I saw it, I expected that at least the guys who bid on all domains would bid for it.
So, I placed my bid and the domain went directly to me.
Then, I changed DNS on my registrar and tried to park in Sedo.
And that's when I realized the typo ! Wwwwayyy, too late !
 
It nevr hapenned too me :greenbiggrin:

Seriously, I use to copy/paste the name and double check at Google and in a dictionary.
 
it happened to me once
 
nicrosoft.com is what i thought i saw ( very appropriate on this forum at the moment ).... but i got nircosoft.com ...... dumbass :)
 
It happened to me at the snap public auction... clicked on the wrong line. Bam ! Bid placed on a crappy domain. Fortunately it was just a $9 bid :cheeky:
 
Yepperdoo. I actually have a couple of them.

One, like sds, I checked the wrong box and BAM... There's no way to RETRACT a bid at SNAP

I have also purchased a typo by mistake (because I typo'd what I wanted) and it ended up being a GOOD thing :)

It happens, you have to laugh at yourself and move on :)

GoPC
 
yea- mobilephonecreditcads.co.uk %+|

think - creditcards is still available, no longer bothered thought
 
Yep - I always type "Canadian" too fast and it comes out canadain - but luckily the domain gets some traffic from other clumsy fingered canucks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom