• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Hello from Jeremy Padawer - New Member Introduction / Old Skool Domainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremypad

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hi,

My name is Jeremy Padawer. I'm a toy marketing executive from Los Angeles. In my full-time job, I market/manufacture/license large studio entertainment properties and bring them to the marketplace. It's fun.

As a hobby, I'm a domainer.

I started domaining in 1996 while in a JD/MBA program, first at Tennessee and finishing at Vanderbilt in Nashville.

I sold my portfolio in 2000 for good money. I had about 70-80 generic .com domain names, including uninsured.com, act.com, faithful.com, arrange.com, allege.com, marshmallows.com, schmuck.com and so on...

I sat on the bench for 6 years with the understanding that as soon as there is a mobile naming system, I'd jump back in.

I bought 200 .mobi domain names (1st day reg'd and secondary market 1st day reg'd names) for low $XXX,XXX. I hedged my bet, selling 12 over the course of 3 months - BREAKING EVEN. Now, I play a develop + wait and see game.

I then reinvested in .com/.org domains, picking up some tremendous domain names.

My portfolio includes about 50-60 premium (5 digit +) domain names with some in .mobi (collect.mobi, borrow.mobi, fantasybaseball.mobi, vehicles.mobi, condominiums.mobi etc), some in .org (memphis.org, scottsdale.org, tempe.org) some in .com (jeremy.com, rye.com, flightinstructor.com, progolfer.com, woolsuits.com), and so on...

My portfolio includes another 100 domains that are in the 3 to high 4 digit category.

The mobile web is coming in a big way, and we will all feel the hurricaine force winds. Right now, it's a baby tropical storm somewhere in nowheresville.

Have you heard of me?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Padawer
 
Welcome to the forum Jeremy
 
thank you. :-)

It's nice to be here. I'm active on Rick's board. I'm glad to add this to my list of daily stops!

Jeremy
 
Great to see you Jeremy.
What took you so long?
(I'm Arnie at NP)

BTW is fatherhood keeping you busy? :yes:

Nice to see you, see you around the board :cool:

cheers
Pred
 
Welcome to the forum Jeremy. Nice to see you here!
 
Welcome Jeremy! Glad you are here :approve:
 
Solid introduction. Good to see you here too.
 
damn I know the name ...domainnamenews about 6 -7 years ago?? nope just checked the archives .. got it domainappraiser.com!!! nice to have a "pioneer" active on the forum
anyhow welcome

jim
 
Never heard of you before but it's great to have you as a part of DNforum now. =)

Welcome!
 
damn I know the name ...domainnamenews about 6 -7 years ago?? nope just checked the archives .. got it domainappraiser.com!!! nice to have a "pioneer" active on the forum
anyhow welcome

jim

Thanks, Jim! I really appreciate that. Yeah, I ran domainappraiser.com from 1999-2001. It was the second domain name appraisal site on the web.

DomainNameNews! Right on! It's been a long time.

Thank you, everyone, for your really great welcome so far!

Jeremy Padawer

welcome buddy ;)

Maroulis, thanks! You were right. This forum is where it's at.

And, by the way, Maroulis and I are **SOLID PROOF** that you can be on different ends of the mobi spectrum and still be friends. :-)

Jeremy
 
Hello, Jeremy.

Good intro, good history, good experience, good seeing ya!
 
who is this jeremypad and what is this .mobi you speak of ?
 
Welcome aboard
 
Hi Jeremy!!! Welcome to the Forum!!! Never heard about you until now, glad you're a member here now. C U around.
 
Welcome back Jeremy Padawer! Remember you from the GreatDomains chatroom.

Domaining in those days was a niche business, its mainstream now. So much has change... some might argue, for the better :-)
 
Hi,

My name is Jeremy Padawer.

Have you heard of me?

It's an L.A. thing.
He is a little rusty on the the Tenn. humility part.

I will tell you, he is sharp guy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom