• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Help me with a mystery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Source

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
2,352
Reaction score
2
Hi - I'm puzzled by a few recent events with a domain of mine and I'm looking for some insight. The name in question is a VERY popular (according to overture) female body part slang term in a ccltd extension. I regged the name about 15 days ago as a future investment with development potential and parked it at Sedo.

In the first 14 days, the name had gotten exactly 800 uniques (as reported by Sedo), but scant revenue. At the 800th unique I received a VERY lowball offer via Sedo ($200 for a $40 domain, less Sedo's cut $150 = $10 profit). Naturally, I declined.

What happened next I found interesting. The traffic stats took an immediate nose dive. The URL went from 60+ uniques a day down to 7. I have since switched hosting to my servers to check the stats.

Conspiracy theories abound in my head.

What a mystery?
 
Problem 1: Sedo cut on a $200 is not $150, it's $50 or $20.

Problem 2: Someone was probably hotlinking an image from the previous site. They noticed the broken link and removed it.
 
JuniperPark said:
Problem 1: Sedo cut on a $200 is not $150, it's $50 or $20.

Problem 2: Someone was probably hotlinking an image from the previous site. They noticed the broken link and removed it.

According to Sedo, the link count hasn't changed:

Link Popularity:
Incoming Google Links: 0
Incoming Yahoo Links: 90
Incoming MSN Links: 8
Incoming Alexa Links: 342
DMOZ Listed: No
Archive.org Listed: Yes

But your answer is the most logical and it's all a big coincidence, but images of Keyser Soze are dancing in my head.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom