Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone explain me the deletion cycle in full detail or put some links to read. But no general info. I want to learn it precisely.

Thanks Flex, but I already saw that graph and others. I want to listen to real experiences of people. Let me give you an example, some days of the month there is no drop at all but sometimes around 30000 drop on .coms.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
the graph at Snapnames looks nice but it's just an example how things sometimes go.

lots of domains are dropped unexpectedly, not having followed that cycle

others aren't dropped for ages

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree fully with uncle.

Drops are up to the whims and fancies of Verisign. Some names fall into a bottomless pit i.e. get lost in the admin system, and take forever to drop.

So lets say that a name drops on August 1. What is the theorotical available date for it.

August 1 + 45 days + 5 days = November 20 at 1.30 PM EST ? is this correct?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No formula, hero. At least from my personal experience. I have been using Snaps since it first launched, one of their first customers :D, even got quoted in their customer section. And I can swear, name drops are unpredictable by formula.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
But it is normally: on hold period, lasts from 30 days to up to a few months, then purge period (soon to expire), 5-6 days. And I beleive the daily drop time is between 2pm-3pm EST.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
name drops are unpredictable by formula

the purge period of one domain snapnames grabbed for me 2 or 3 days ago lasted only a couple of hours

If you write one letter to ICANN in your life, this is the one to write.

Insisting on a predictable dropped domain process will do much to stabilize and legitimize the secondary domain market.

-t

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what's the point? it has been brought up many times before and noone seems to care

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators