Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

How about a REAL DNF Auction section - proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Each auction will run 72 hours from posting.
The exact name of the domain will be posted in the title
The minimum acceptable bid (opening bid) is also posted in the title

Seller determines opening bid.
Seller can NOT CHANGE that opening bid amount once the auction is posted.
In other words, if you set opening bid too high, too bad.

From the moment the name it is posted, the auction begins and ends in 72 hours
If no bids, then no sale

However, the bidder may want to try to “Snipe” this auction in the last moments. Therefore, don’t be discouraged if there are no bids.
By posting in the auction subsection, the seller agrees to sell the domain at the opening bid if that is there are no other bids.

All bids posted are binding
  • The bidder cannot change or retract their bid
  • The bidder cannot add stipulations to the bid (ie, good for 24 hours).
  • The Auctions run and end at the 72 hour mark
  • Bidders agree to monitor their funds upon entering a bid as they have now entered into a binding agreement x 72 hours.

Once a bid is posted by a member, other members may bid higher amounts in MINIMAL increments:

$0.00 -$499.00 = $5.00 increments
$500.00 - $999.00 = $10.00 increments
$1000.00 -$2499.00 = $25.00 increments
$2500.00 - $4999 = $50.00 increments
$5000.00+ = $100.00 increments

In order to prevent the seller from changing the opening amount and to prevent the bidder changing their bid, this forum will be set up similar to legal postings – you cannot edit your comments previously posted.

Some restrictions:
The domain cannot be posted on auction at another website and under no active sales or negotiations.
The name cannot be listed for sale, for appraisal, or offers wanted subsections of DNF.
The name MUST BE OWNED by the member (seller) posting the auction
Only one domain listed at auction per member in a 24 hour period.

Payment is due within 48 hours
Seller may chose payment method
Transfer of ownership should take place within 24 hours of payment

Upvote 0

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yawn, I do wish reading comprehension was a requirement...

The minimum acceptable bid (opening bid) is also posted in the title

Low will be defined by the seller as The minimum acceptable bid (opening bid) is also posted in the title. Aside from that, I am not sure I even mentioned "low" as being part of the criteria. Then again, I have one who thinks they are accurate in interpreting what I stated vs what was actually stated. No problem, I can work through it.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Price it to sell and to move, get bids going,

Nope, this doesn't mean low at all, it doesn't even imply that a low bid be submitted "rolleyes"

Gotta love the honesty

I'd like to know what the minimum acceptable bid for isongs.org would be, it's is for sale, so give us an example of what a "decent" name like that would start off at?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yawn, once more...how many times are you going to try and persuade me and others that this thread suddenly has become how YOU interpret the meaning.

It does not work that way.

You failed each time. I gave a scenario and you recreated that scenario to fit your needs. Plus, doubtful you read some of the posts at all and IF you did, you certainly failed to comprehend.

So, lets quit making this thread about me.

And it is certainly not about you and your failed attempts at trying to redefine every posted word.

oldtimer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought you two only fought over politics. :)

When you get bogged down on the opposite side of each issue you end up wasting a lot of time and energy arguing all the time and you won’t be able to come up with the right solution to the problem at hand because you no longer can think positively and constructively.

So stop fighting and come up with some new ideas, the members here can vote on who’s idea they like better, you all don’t have to constantly fight over each sentence that you post.

Here is an idea to think about:

Instead of putting a minimum bid how about if the seller can put the maximum price that he or she wants for the domain, then that price is reduced by some increment every hour until the domain is sold or that the 72 hour for the auction is over. (I’ll let you all work out the details to make it work :) )

Thanks, Ojohn

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The perfect auction/marketplace is in progress of being built and will have all the features the current ones lack plus a whole lot more that will make it transparent to sellesr and buyers.

It will arrive in the new year and will have a ton of cool surprises that nobody expects.

I am free to chat about it if anyone wants to, PM me your number.

Adam

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought you two only fought over politics. :)

Here is an idea to think about:

Instead of putting a minimum bid how about if the seller can put the maximum price that he or she wants for the domain, then that price is reduced by some increment every hour until the domain is sold or that the 72 hour for the auction is over. (I’ll let you all work out the details to make it work :) )

Thanks, Ojohn
Preceisely what the entire thread was about. That is why it was called a proposal. I wanted to generate some ideas and feedback and options. It was just simply as the title stated. A proposal.

I did not think it would be met with personal attacks on what Gerry said or what Gerry meant. At the same time, it was expected and predicted that such a thing would happen from a certain individual who has become so freakishly obsessed with me that she must enter every thread I am involved with to derail the thread in any manner possible.

It is getting old and annoying as hell. I would rather focus my attention on presenting something constructive rather than some nitwit come in and suddenly tell every one "what I meant" to say.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The perfect auction/marketplace is in progress of being built and will have all the features the current ones lack plus a whole lot more that will make it transparent to sellesr and buyers.

It will arrive in the new year and will have a ton of cool surprises that nobody expects.

I am free to chat about it if anyone wants to, PM me your number.

Adam

Let's hope for the sake of the forum that the auction format you have in the works is NOTHING like what the OP suggested.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yawn...

Burp...

oh, yes...please nothing like the OP proposed and what other members liked.

Please save us from ourselves.

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So stop fighting and come up with some new ideas, the members here can vote on who’s idea they like better, you all don’t have to constantly fight over each sentence that you post.

You and I both know the only one picking a fight is the OP for his intolerance of anyone's opinion but his own.. I have raised legitimate concerns only to be attacked personally for raising them, it's always Woe is me, Raider is picking on me again, Help, Help, She's obsessed with me, blah blah blah, the usual self pity from someone who didn't think the Auction Format through before he posted it... Or maybe he did and this is what we got.

You want a better auction solution? I already provided a major building block.. The underlying problem for these online auctions is NOT the format, it's the low quality domains submitted, their a cancer that eats away at any auction before it eventually dies,.... If we eliminate MOST of the crap, it will encourage domainers to submit better domains, and better domains equals SALES.. To steal a phrase from Dale, it's a NO BRAINER.

So the question is, How do we filter out the crap? Many members are not going to like this, but one good way is used by other auctioneers, that is; "Submit your domains for consideration" meaning someone at the other end needs to approve it... And if were going to have a fee, put that fee towards the submission process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom